Asking if I want to back out at the last minute - what does it mean?

outsideinside

This guy I like texted me an hour or so before he was going to come over - immediately after he asked for my address - and said "or we could do this another time if you want. Its up to you Miss [insert my name here]." I replied that I was happy to see him and asked if he is still free. He said "yup I'll be there" Later on I Asked if he had somewhere he needed to be and he said no. Any ideas why he'd ask if I want to back out at the last minute? Thanks in advance!

This guy I like texted me an hour or so before he was going to come over - immediately after he asked for my address - and said "or we could do this another time if you want. Its up to you Miss [insert my name here]." I replied that I was happy to see him and asked if he is still free. He said "yup I'll be there" Later on I Asked if he had somewhere he needed to be and he said no. Any ideas why he'd ask if I want to back out at the last minute? Thanks in advance!

COULD be a small sign of insecurity but I highly doubt it. I've done the same. Just to double check and make sure.

Also gives you a last minute out if you were feeling uncomfortable to begin with and just didn't say something.

All in all, you're fine

He did that because he felt insecure about himself, he just wanted to make sure you wanted to see him, that way he could tell if you were still interested. That made you feel doubtful and started asking the wrong questions. My advise to you, is to believe in yourself, be yourself and believe that others can and will love you just the way you are

If this is someone you've never met in person, it seems like he wants to make this move before you back down. Either way, you're putting yourself at great risk by giving a stranger your home address. Also, if he wanted to date you, he would never expect you to allow him to come straight to your home on a whim, without meeting in a public place beforehand.

Be careful...

This guy I like texted me an hour or so before he was going to come over - immediately after he asked for my address - and said "or we could do this another time if you want.

Sounds like he didn't want to waste his time, maybe if you said no it would be an indication that he was wrong about the feelings you had towards him, if you said yes, then he was on the same page. The worst thing is people agreeing to meet because of fear of confrontation which is what happens with women a lot, no offense.

Maybe ever on is over thinking it! Maybe he's just making sure you want him over. Maybe he's a nice guy not trying to push himself on you and is really wanting to know if your ok with it...now if he shows up and acts all odd then maybe he's a douche in disguise....

I did that too when I was younger, and it was plain insecurity. I was so excited to meet the person, that I was afraid something would come up and mess it up for me, so I was trying to reassure myself by asking that sort of question.

My insecurity came from the fact that one of the guys I had dated a long time ago, and whom I was smitten with, would almost always back out at the very last moment. I would happily anticipate the date, get ready for it, only to hear my phone beep with a text from him cancelling it. I was young and stupid and let this go on longer than I should have, which in turn made me second guess every date I had from then on.

Archived