What does this mean?

crystal01b

My ex boyfriend and I have been broken up for two weeks now. He responds to my text messages, but doesn't initiate any. I have asked him to hang out, but he says he doesn't think its a good idea. Does this mean he still has feelings for me?

No. It means that he's moving on and any time spent with you would give you false hope... him answering but never initiating communication with you has given you false hope.

Don't make him have to be a total jerk to you for you to understand that it's time for you to let this go and get on with your life. That's what he's trying to do.

You broke up two weeks ago. He still has feelings for you.

This doesn't mean that he want's to get back together with you and based on him saying it's not a good idea for you two to hang out, I don't think he does want you back I'm sorry to say.

I don't know whether you were the dumpee or dumper but unless you are certain you want to win him back, initiate no contact (and I mean no contact) and stick to it. If you do try to win him back, bear in mind that it can be an incredibly painful process and has an extremely low likelihood of success. If you broke up, it was probably for a good reason.

It just happened two weeks ago. Yes, he most likely still has feelings for you, but him not contacting you is a sign that he's trying to move on from you. Don't continue texting him. I made that mistake and pushed my ex away for good. No chance of me ever getting him back.. Maintain NC. and if he does one day decide he wants you back, then good for you. But do not push him, or you will push him away forever.

He probably does still have feelings for you, but the fact he is not initiating any texts or wanting to hang out with you, it seems he is probably trying to move on.

I made the mistake of texting my ex on a daily basis for a few days after the break up just saying "Hope your day went well" or something like that, he'd text me back but would never text me first. Eventually he stopped responding to those texts and I got very down over it, I'd send a message saying "Had fun today, thanks xxx" and then another saying "Omg sorry wrong Tom" just to make him jealous.. I was pathetic and in turn made a fool of myself. He ended up getting a new girlfriend and I still was hoping there was still a chance for us.

Don't text him for a while, I know it's hard but it's the only way you'll find out for sure if he's still interested or not.. If he texts you after a few days or weeks then reply but keep it civil and make it out like your fine (even if your still hurting). Guys like a challenge, if he's interested he'll contact you...

For now, do the things you love to do, spend time with friends and family, put more time into your hobbies, re-decorate your bedroom.. just keep busy.

What's meant to be won't pass you.

Chin up

I think he is trying to move on from you without trying to be a jerk and ignore you completely. Stop contacting him, otherwise he'll tell you to leave him alone once he gets annoyed. Trust me, i've seen it plenty of times before. If he ever decides there is any hope between the two of you, he will initiate the next text message.

Archived