Hi guys. I wrote a post last week regarding my girlfriend of nine years who was contacted by her ex on FaceBook. I told her to get back in contact with him and tell him not to contact her anymore. You know she point blank is refusing to do so and sees nothing wrong, and that she is not going to change who she is. The fact that we have our seven year old son together does not seem to bother her.

What really is bothering me is that she has twisted everything around and making it out like it's my fault and that I'm paranoid.

I'm at the point now where I just want to call quits and move on with my life. Is this relationship worth saving or should I just move on?

I just read the last thread you made. The most alarming thing about all of this was her telling him that she wouldn't be "silly enough" to marry you. Firstly this conflicts with what she's been telling you and secondly it's almost like she's undermining the relationship in front of him to test the waters and keep her options open. Not good.

You need some clarity from her as to whether she wants to marry you. The ex is largely irrelevant at this point and you may be better off leaving him out of the discussion entirely. If she want's to marry you then great. If not, maybe you need to start thinking about whether you have a future together.

Hi guys. I wrote a post last week regarding my girlfriend of nine years who was contacted by her ex on FaceBook. I told her to get back in contact with him and tell him not to contact her anymore. You know she point blank is refusing to do so and sees nothing wrong, and that she is not going to change who she is. The fact that we have our seven year old son together does not seem to bother her.

What really is bothering me is that she has twisted everything around and making it out like it's my fault and that I'm paranoid.

I'm at the point now where I just want to call quits and move on with my life. Is this relationship worth saving or should I just move on?

So, what she's telling you is that her ex's feelings are more important than your feelings.

Is your relationship worth saving? From the outside looking in, it doesn't appear so.

Archived