Me and my boyfriend have been on and off for the past two years. The longest we have ever broken up for was only a month. He has had two other girlfriends in the past two years and i have never strayed away from him to another man. Lately he has been saying that he is always sad. He doesn't text goodmorning anymore or say little sweet things and hes been getting mad very easily lately. He tells me its just stress over school and it has nothing to do with me but I don't know. Everytime I try to talk to him about it he says he has something wrong with his brain and he doesn't know what he feels anymore. Saying things like, "I don't see a point in living anymore." He has already swore that he won't hurt himself in anyway. But I'm beginning to wonder if this is all a ploy because he has met someone else, or maybe he just doesn't feel it anymore between us. Some how i feel like he feels stuck with me. I don't know what to do anymore. (Btw he only been acting like this for about a week)

When you say he has had 2 other girlfriends in the past 2 years, do you mean while you were still together or during the month you were broke up?

Obviously something stressful is going on with him. You mentioned that you're questioning if he met someone else, do you feel that he might have? Our gut feelings are usually pretty accurate, but some of the time we tend to ignore that feeling because we don't want to admit that what we are feeling is actually a possibility to what is happening.

He's admitting to you that he feels something is wrong and that he is sad but he won't be specific as to why. You could continue to stay with him, living in constant limbo and questioning everything he does or says, or you could leave. Maybe give him some time to sort out whatever it is he is obviously going through.

It doesn't seem he is asking for your help so leaving might be the only sane thing you could do.

This actually seems pretty weird. Also with the whole him have 2 other girlfriends? Im really hoping it was during the month that you guys weren't together. In my opinion I feel that you should be there for him but don't get taken advantage of at the same time. Don't assume that he has met someone else unless you come up with proof! At the end of the day, if you feel that this relationship is more then what you bargained for then get out while you can.. This seems like a very unhealthy relationship.

Archived