So, today is day 16 since my boyfriend---ahem, EXboyfriend, broke up. I've been devastated. I've been through a 7 year relationship and a 6 year....hard but I did it. This most recent dude was only a year...so you'd think I'd cope better...but I'm not.

Usually, I am VERY good with NC. Once I set my mind to its done, I go into NC mode immediately. Well, this particular breaking has really done a number on me physically and mentally. It's the worst emotional pain I've ever experienced. I'm still finding it hard to function.

Well, I did the most taboo post break up thing....texted & called ....two days ago. I told him how I had a sweater of his and a shirt. Really I could have just tossed them or mailed ...but I had the strong urge to call him. It was literally a 2 min call. I don’t feel it set me back because I'm just as miserable today as I was on day one. I am back to NC...day 2.

Anyway, I still love hearing happy endings of people that have been here and came out.

Feeling so sad.

Yeah these initial stages are pretty rough. I get that it's difficult to function. I hope you can sit still and experience as much as you can handle now so that you won't have to draw it out. The more you deal with it now, the sooner it will be behind you. But you know all that. Backslide or not, don't beat yourself up. Your'e doing the best you can, you'll be fine.

I only think it's backsliding if you did something that made you feel worse. Sometimes contact can get it out of your system and make it hit home that it is over, which gives you more acceptance. Anyways no point in beating yourself up about it your going through enough as it is.

I don't know if this counts as a happy ending but after I broke up with my ex (of just over a year). I bought a car, moved out my parents, finished my course, moved temporarily to a job I prefer and made loads of knew friends. Sometimes break ups give you the push you need to move on in your life.

Don't beat yourself up over it! No sense in being negative about it, just try and stay positive and pick up where you left off with the NC. I know it is hard but you're doing the right thing, and you will be happy again. I broke up with my ex 6 months ago, and have been NC the whole time. I can honestly say it's been a blessing and I have had so much time to heal. I have really grown as a person, had time to think and evaluate the relationship, learn from it, and know what I want the next time around. I wouldn't say I am 100% over it yet but definitely feeling tons and tons better than I did 6 months ago. Trust me NC is worth it and you will feel so much better, just keep your chin up & stay positive

Thanks. Ya, I am usually 100% NC...because I do it to protect myself. I dont care to know what he's doing and I definitely dont want him knowing im miserable. Im good at stucking to my guns but this time... I just had to do it..and you know what- its out of my system now.

Archived