Round two.

I'm back here after a brief reconciliation. It only lasted a month, and to be honest I feel like I went into the reconciliation much too soon, only 2 months after the initial split. I'm not really sure how I feel right now, besides shocked, and disrespected--he brought someone with him when he came to talk it out with me! It's a little hard (not to mention rude) to have a discussion like that while your buddy's sitting right over there texting. I feel so done with it right now, but I also feel like if he came back tomorrow and said he'd made an awful mistake... I'd probably give it another go.

(I feel a little ill, tbh!) I just feel like I need someone to talk to, and all my best supporters have gone to bed by now (It's nearly 2 am here...). And I'm tired, but not sleepy; I feel like if I tried to go to sleep now, I wouldn't be able to, not for a long time.

Cannot believe he brought someone along whilst he finished things! So rude and disrespectful, someone to do that is out to humiliate you and that is disgusting. Did anything happen during the 2 months you split? He may have thought you were moving on well and decided he wanted you back because he didn't want no one else to have you. You'll go through the normal process of healing, I think he may have been using you as an ego boost, you are much better off with someone who respects you!

He was the one who had a rebound, not me. And now I'm just sad because it feels like he's throwing away so much on a whim; he decided, apparently out of the blue on Monday that he doesn't love me after all, and isn't even willing to try and figure out what the problem is, when I told him getting back together that it would be work, and it would be hard, and to not even bother if it wasn't what he really, really wanted. And now I feel stupid all over again.

Give it time.. sorry for your pains. Yes, a cpl months, isn't a whole lot.

I'd just aim at leaving him alone and keep working on you and your thoughts/emotions about it all.

In time, you may come to realize it was best that you're not involved any longer... or it may work out.

I think it's best to just deal with yourself for a while now. Figure your own life out, don't bother with him.

You need to get your head & heart straight again. Even tho such feelings are still so strong, doesn't mean you should run back so soon.

Best to just leave all alone and work on healing over this emotional mess. Take care of you!

No one ever knows the future. All takes time.. time is all we have.

good luck

At this point I'm so positive I don't ever want to get back with him, but I hate having to feel so... Rotten. And alone, again. And I feel like it's such a waste. I was finally settling back into the relationship, and maybe that's the problem. I fell back into a few old patterns, and instantly he decides that "it's not right anymore". Don't get me wrong, he has a right to decide that, but he was SO sure, not 4 days ago, that this WAS what he wanted. I don't understand what changed, and SOMETHING must have happened to make him realize it wasn't what he wanted, but he wouldn't even tell me.... God, I'm a mess all over again.

At this point I'm so positive I don't ever want to get back with him, but I hate having to feel so... Rotten. And alone, again. And I feel like it's such a waste. I was finally settling back into the relationship, and maybe that's the problem. I fell back into a few old patterns, and instantly he decides that "it's not right anymore". Don't get me wrong, he has a right to decide that, but he was SO sure, not 4 days ago, that this WAS what he wanted. I don't understand what changed, and SOMETHING must have happened to make him realize it wasn't what he wanted, but he wouldn't even tell me.... God, I'm a mess all over again.

What has happened is that HE is a very unstable person. It has nothing to do with you. It sucks to be hurt all over again, i feel for you.

He has (now) shown you it wasn't what he really, really wanted.

It's OK to feel bad about it, but it's also OK to allow that lesson to empower you to move forward with your own life.

We all make mistakes. Sometimes trust in another person is a mistake - but we learn from it, grow from it, and make better and more educated choices during the next go-round.

Chin up. You will get through this and you'll be better and stronger for it.

He has (now) shown you it wasn't what he really, really wanted.

It's OK to feel bad about it, but it's also OK to allow that lesson to empower you to move forward with your own life.

We all make mistakes. Sometimes trust in another person is a mistake - but we learn from it, grow from it, and make better and more educated choices during the next go-round.

Chin up. You will get through this and you'll be better and stronger for it.

i just wish he could have figured it out a month ago that it wasn't what he wanted, so I could be 3 months into my healing process instead of just barely beginning again. I feel so raw and directionless again...

Things are already coming in waves. I'm calmer now; less sad and more... Disrespected and disappointed. It feels like such a waste. We had a good relationship, maybe even a great one, and now it's all for naught and he's not even willing to try. Ah well. I'll be fine, eventually. I feel almost certain that he'll come sniffing back around eventually. After all, this second break-up is pretty much a replica of the first one.

But hopefully he doesn't for awhile. Not until I'm in a stable enough place to tell him "no". Because I deserve someone who will fight to hold on to me, and not let me go at the faintest signal of change, and someone who will actually tell me when something is wrong, and not lie to me directly. He's proven twice now that he is not that man, and it's his loss.

But I still feel a bit rotten. Haha. Such is life, I guess...

Archived