Am i being too sensitive?

photograph11

Hello,

For some reason i kinda felt bad when my mom told me shed like me to clean my room and then said theres a funky smell in it. She then said my scarf smells like it too. Okay, im in 20s and living under her roof, and i havent cleaned my room in months and my scarf in almost a year (since the winter is kinda short in LA, i havent worn it that much since last winter) and its been in my room, so i understand where she is coming from. My room isnt That bad, its just that there was a lot of clothes on the floor, ichavent washed my bed sheets in a long time, i havent mopped in a while...okay okay maybe it was time i clean it lol. Was i too sensitive about that comment? I didnt react or anything, i guess i took it as criticism..maybe i sholdnt? It was mostly the scarf comment that i felt bad about.

To be brutally honest, I don't know if this post can possibly be true or not. Are you serious?? I have to say if my son/daughter ever did this, I'd probably kick them out because if there's one thing I can't stand, then it's lack of hygiene etc. If your room and scarf are already smelling funky, then I can almost guarantee you, that you yourself would have that follow you. People around you will notice it. WHY don't you wash your clothes (scarf) and sheets??

As for being too sensitive and taking it as criticism - maybe it's because the truth hurts and you don't like to hear it?

Yes you are sensitive. But not to dirt, apparently.

Sorry, but not changing your bed sheets for so long is plain laziness. When you have your own place you can do what ever you want, but as long as you live with your parents, make sure you clean your room or don't be surprised when your mom comes to kick your as* because its a total mess.

Scarfs are around your face when you wear them, if they are dirty - you will have a rash or you will break out on your face - do you want that? You can even get infection in your eyes! That is just gross!

All mothers have a special nose that are sensitive to a certain smell, especially when it comes to their childrens messy rooms, even if your room was sparkly clean, I bet a mom will still tell you to clean it. I don't think you should be too sensitive about it, all (well most) mothers like to point out mess.

That's just triflin'.

Living like a slob is the height of disrespect of someone else's home.

What have you got against putting your sheets in the washer? God only knows the legion of bed bugs and mites living in your pillows and mattress.

Clean your room and wash your clothes and sheets.

She probably just wants your room to be as clean as the rest of her house is all and maybe the odor she smells in your room is a worry to her that others will smell it when visiting and thinks SHE doesn't clean her home. IDK should clean up at least once a week I wash my sheets 2 times a week because I have a pet sleep in my bed.

Archived