Getting set up with an older boy!!

Snow2tears

An old childhood friend has recently contacted me after a few years and we started to catch up. I told him that I've been single for awhile (since September). My childhood friend said his friend got out of a relationship recently as well, and he suggested we all hang out to catch up. It was pretty clear he wanted to set us up. I didn't mind because we used to hang out when we were smaller.

For a clearer view of the situation, I am currently in grade 12 graduating this year. My childhood friend and his friend are in first year university. I remember the friend i'm being "set up" with used to have a big crush on me.

My dilemma is that I just can't get over the fact that they're in university while I'm still in high school. I'm almost intimidated. I'm baby faced, and tiny so I give off this impression that I'm childish, even though I believe otherwise. I'm pretty dorky, nerdy, and a goody two shoes. I've hung out with other university students before, and some of my close friends are in university. I just never thought of them as a romantic interest until, because I feel like they're all out of my league! I thought I wouldn't ever have a chance with one.

All of us are supposed to meet up and go on a "group date". I'm super nervous and don't know if this is the best idea.

Side note: I've told myself that I would wait until I go to university to even start looking for a significant other, because I believe none of the guys in high school are actually ready to have a successful long term relationship. I like to think I learned a lot of what I want from a boyfriend from my previous relationship. So maybe this is a good opportunity for me?

Thanks!

Side note: I've told myself that I would wait until I go to university to even start looking for a significant other, because I believe none of the guys in high school are actually ready to have a successful long term relationship.

If this is the case, you might want to wait until LOOONG after University. Maybe wait until you're about mid 30s?

Don't get hung up that they are in college/university. I'm guessing it's nearby too? I would go out with the group and try it out. I'm sure they will talk "how cool" university it...but think it as the other way.

If anything, YOU are super COOL to hang out with those kids. Your friends in highschool will be SUPER jealous.

Archived