Am I crazy or what?

Conflicted210

Ok just looking for a little advice with something I am struggling with. I'm 37, my girlfriend is 32 we both have a kid each (from previous marriages). My gf is starting a new job. The guy she is replacing is an ex (someone she had a fling with for about 1-2 months: short lived and ended about 3 months before we met). We have been together 1 year (and lived together for 10 months). No trust or cheating issues either way - AT ALL. Sincerely. All good. And we are both very open/honest. No secrets. We see each other's texts, Facebook, emails, etc all the time (by chance not through stalking). But anyway, her replacing this ex (while he brought it up, they both decided it was a good idea to break up but are civil and all - although don't talk anymore obviously). So she officially REPLACES him in his role in 3 weeks. But until then her boss wants her to "shadow" him (about 15 hrs/wk). This makes me very uncomfortable. She is super cool with me telling me she understands it's weird for me but reassures me nothing to worry about. But I am super stressed over it. I'm a military combat vet and have dealt with combat but can't deal with this. Is this normal to feel this way, should I be worried, how can I relieve this tension? Thanks for any thoughtful advice.

I think you're over thinking things. You've just told us you both have no secrets and trust issues. She told you about shadowing this guy, she didn't feel the need to not tell you about it. It was a short lived fling and shadowing is something she needs to do in her new job. Be supportive. I think it's really excellent that you have really good communication with your girlfriend.

Not sure what your problem is. This is work. She has to get trained. You have been together for over a year in a good relationship together. This dude she had a few dates with a long time ago. That's not even a blip on a radar and can hardly even be labeled an ex. Don't let your personal trust issues and insecurities ruin a good relationship, because there is nothing more unattractive than an insecure man and nothing more damaging to a relationship than unfounded mistrust.

Archived