what do in my shoes!!!!

There's a 3 day trip coming up and my ex going be there with his new girlfriend...

I want to go but I don't.....

I want go because hang out with my mates and have fun and create memories. one my mates want to go to test his car out so he only go if I go. It be fun

BUT

I'm afraid because I'm still hurting when comes to him. I'm over the relationship but what he did to me after the break up it hurts... I don't want be there because I don't know how he going act... I'm afraid he going be towards me. We don't talk to each other and I want nothing to do with him...

I just want have fun with my mates but I don't want be around someone who treats me bad and I don't know how she going to be like and knowing I'm his ex...

just some ideas please I'm confused....

Do you think you would be able to be around your ex without having any sort of anguish or emotional troubles? Otherwise, you may simply be postulating as to what your ex may or may not do while you're there.

Don't do things that may hurt you or set you back, but never let an ex control your decisions.

If you can avoid your ex and go, then go.

If not, then don't go.

My answer is don't go. If your ex bothers you enough for you to post about this, then you are not healed. It will take sacrifice, but please don't put yourself in such a terrible position.

How would you feel if he spent the whole trip all over the new girl? Because that's probably what you should expect.

I would find it funny if he will be all over his new girlfriend because he be only trying make me jealous. Lol... and he doesn't really care for the girl.

I'm only posted it hear because I'm not sure...

people told me that my ex is really jealous type after we broke up and I never new that... any guy that would talk to me he would give them evils. ..

I just don't want course any trouble and if I go I be staying rite away from my ex and no I won't be angry at him if I go but if he is rude to me I'm going to stand up for my self or i walk away because I'm better person

Just bear in mind that although you WANT to have fun and create wonderful memories, it might not be as much fun or create as good a memory as you want if you are going to worry about being around your ex the whole time or have to vast majority of the time trying to avoid him.

Only you know the level of negative feeling you will have being around him VS how much fun you will be able to have regardless of whether he is there or not.

As has been said … if it is unlikely you will bump into each other then I would go and try not to worry about it. However, if you are going to be spending most of the time in close proximity to each other then I think you might need to think again about going.

Can people please say why they don't want go if they in my shoes and I can understand.

I will go if I know I can handle hanging out with him.... we always have got along it's just he has way on following me around and Being there when I'm talking to my mates but I'm pretty sure it's over that

Can people please say why they don't want go if they in my shoes and I can understand.

I will go if I know I can handle hanging out with him.... we always have got along it's just he has way on following me around and Being there when I'm talking to my mates but I'm pretty sure it's over that

Well you said the following …..

I'm afraid because I'm still hurting when comes to him. I'm over the relationship but what he did to me after the break up it hurts... I don't want be there because I don't know how he going act... I'm afraid he going be towards me. We don't talk to each other and I want nothing to do with him...

If there is a chance that you are going to end up being hurt and you really aren't looking forward to being near this guy then there is no point putting yourself in a position you really can't handle because you won't enjoy it and it will turn what should be a positive experience into a negative one.

However, you have also said you would go "if you know you can handle hanging out with him". As I said above, only YOU know how well you can actually handle being around him or how much it is or isn't going to hurt.

Seeing an ex doesn't have to be a big deal. You can be polite and friendly (ie. civil) yet keep a safe distance at the same time. You just both get on with things as you would if they were just a friend. It is going to be a lot more difficult to do that, however, if you are still hurt by his presence and if it is going to be awkward for you to be around his new girlfriend.

It is difficult to put ourselves completely in your shoes because only YOU know how being around this guy is going to make you feel.

Archived