Dating someone immature

SaSaRai

My ex was obviously immature, socially awkward, and very clingy and needy.

a question coming to mind, is, that he is now dating someone who is 24. He is only 17. They started dating the day we broke up. Within a week, there has been everything from I "love you" posts, to a ring being given to him by his new lover.... To on day 9, him moving in with this 24 year old.

he has dropped out if school, and signed up for high school on line. Quit his job, and moved 2 hours away into another state. During our relationship, besides immaturity being an issue, he had no (intact, most people hated him. I mean literally 0 friends) friends, was dramatic all the time, skipped work and school, and caused a lot of dram within his family as well.

How would you expect this new relationship to pan out? I still love him, regardless. He broke up with me to beat it all. Probably again, for immature reasons. He said I didn't "pay enough attention to him."

Shoukd i I anticipate them breaking up soon and a text message from him soon thereafter?

Does it really matter in the end? Aside from what you say painting a picture of someone who isn't emotionally mature enough for a real relationship, trying for foresee the future when it comes to love is a fruitless effort. But really, it would seem you are better off to move on anyway and allow him to grow as both a person and a partner.

Not the best idea to make someone else's problems into your own.

Regardless of how his deal pans out, he was not good for YOU--and if you're unable to see that clearly enough, then he was worse for you than 'not good'.

As much as his dependency appeared to be a problem, you got hooked on it. Work on THAT, and the rest will take care of itself.

Archived