Is my girlfriend's friend flirting with me?

Invictus

Hello all,

Need some opinions and advice regarding one of my girlfriends best friends. I've been with my girl for about 6 years so obviously have known her group of friends for that length of time. This one friend in particular is married with 2 kids, but I get the feeling that she is flirting with me. I'm pretty oblivious when it comes to stuff like this so I wanted people's opinions before I say anything.

We never talk/text/call, and only interact when we see each other as a group. However, when we are together there have been moments that made wonder.

A few months after hanging out with them, a bunch of the girls (all taken) wanted to take pictures with me; kind of like a new toy. That wasn't unusual because everyone was drunk, but she sat on my lap and cuddled up to me for the pic with her. The other girls just kind of stood next to me. And yes, her husband was there.

On more than one occasion, she grabs my arms and remarks how big they are. Every now and then I've caught her starring at me when we're out eating as a group. When I look at her she quickly turns away.

More often than not, when we are standing around talking or whatever, she'll stand next to me really close; arms, shoulders pressed up against each other, and it's not like there isn't space.

When we take pictures, on the occasions that we are next to each other, she presses herself up against me closer than I would think a person would.

At a particular New Year's Eve party at a club, we were all on the dance floor and when it turned to midnight everyone went around hugging each other. When her and I went for a hug, I almost thought she was going to kiss me on the lips, but I went for her cheek. I cannot say for sure that it was she was going to do, but it seemed like that's where she was headed.

I think she hugs me more than any of the other guys.

When I get a haircut, she usually notices and makes a comment. Typically something like, 'oh you cut your hair. looks sexy'.

There are more things of that nature. Small incidents that seem insignificant and mean nothing. However, I can't shake the feeling that something else is going on. She isn't really like that with the other guys in the group, but she's also known them far longer than she's known me.

At the same time, there are many instances of us being together in a group and absolutely nothing happening of any kind. It's kind of random, but at the same time it isn't.

The other strange thing is that a few of the other girls in the group are kind of the same way. Touch my arms, make comments and one even holds my hand on occasion (in a friendly manner)... in front of my girlfriend. I know it sounds weird, and it's hard to explain, but I don't get the same vibe with them as I do with afformentioned girl. With them it really is just harmless stuff and my gf never has taken issue.

Last thing I want is to make a problem when there is no problem to begin with. Advice, opinions would be welcome. I don't really want to talk with my gf about this unless there is something to talk about.

I think so but she sounds like a floozie

Thing is though she's not one. I've been around girls who are floozies and they are much more 'open' about things. She's only been with one guy (who is also her husband now). She's not a flirt as far as I can tell which is why I posted. Doesn't seem like a person who would do those things, but as I mentioned, I can't help but have a weird feeling.

Well maybe she does like you but never cross that flirting line *wink* I mean she's still human so she is still gonna be attracted to opposite sex even though she's married. DO NOT BE ALONE EITH HER THOUGH IF YOU DONT TRUST YOURSELF! Also don't mention this to your girl...she'll get pissed lol

Just ignore it and try to avoid contact with her like hugging, kissing etc.. make an excuse "going to the bar/loo" if she starts feeling your arms up etc.

Don't mention this to your gf or it could cause a lot of drama. If she makes an obvious pass at you-then tell your gf but other then that just try to ignore

Last thing I want is to make a problem when there is no problem to begin with. Advice, opinions would be welcome. I don't really want to talk with my gf about this unless there is something to talk about.

Married with 2 kids? That woman sounds like she's trying to see if "she still has it" lol. Maybe let your gf know, I'm sure she'd respect the honesty & she probably knows you're not attracted & will respect you for telling her

• 2 weeks later...

Archived