Still slightly affected with romance and rejection

For those of you who don't know my story 9 months post BU, I'm doing good... very good.

I have gotten to the stage where I can laugh again and have my abs hurt drastically and I'm so glad for getting this far, but I still find myself dealing with lingering emotions when I see any romance in any movie, series, cartoon, game, etc or rejection for that matter.

I have a few other random triggers like using mouth wash even though I use it daily and talking in a specific language.

Why it happens or how to get these out of my system considering they're frequent things I'm unsure, any thoughts and comments would be much appreciated, is it just time or can I do anything to be proactive about it?

I think it's just time.

I stopped going to "our" favorite restaurant or fixing "our" favorite meal.

I didn't watch "our" shows on tv....

It is about changing your patterns or replacing habits with new habits ----kinda like coke vs pepsi, if you know what I mean.

I think it's just time.

I stopped going to "our" favorite restaurant or fixing "our" favorite meal.

I didn't watch "our" shows on tv....

It is about changing your patterns or replacing habits with new habits ----kinda like coke vs pepsi, if you know what I mean.

I've changed the patterns, I don't watch any of "our" tv shows: it was more generic, it was more with regards to emotional stimuli (books, manga, movie, in person, the medium doesn't matter) in a general with romance and rejection, like if I see someone in lovey-dovey honey moon phase, showing they care extreme loads about the other person, or even the complete opposite how they treat someone poorly, it affects me in some way shape or form, it causes me to reminisce and miss the ex.

I do get what you're saying about replacing habits with new ones, only thing is some of the old ones are important! (mouth wash and speaking lol)

but you're right, time will probably do the job

Archived