To call or not?

hambone77

I met a girl and got her number, we went out for drinks and had a good time. I'm going away for work for a couple of months in about a month or so, and told her this and she seemed a bit taken back why I was dating someone.

Anyway, as we had a good time I asked her if she wanted to meet up again and she said she did but was concerned about me going away in only a few weeks, but reiterated that she did want to meet up again. I took it as she was being nice so said along the lines of nice to meet you, and she got upset and said don't say that I do want to see you again.

She texted me after the date and said again she had a good time, wanted to see me again but it was a shame I was going away, but to let her know when I was free to meet up again.

I texted her back the next day to say I had a good time and let her know when I was free, but more than a day later she still hasn't got back. Should I give her a call or just assume she's changed her mind?

You are/were DATING. You told her of pending move --- clearly to show her this would not be going anywhere.

She was taken back....you asked if she wanted to see you again. Yes. She was sad you would be leaving, but YES>

YOU "took it" that she was being nice and got up to leave. WHAT? So, now you hear her words and interpret them as opposite?

She texted she wanted to see you again --- and let her know when you are free.

You texted her the NEXT day --- and you didn't hear back right away.

She doesn't get to play the NEXT card as well?

I think that you should stop assuming and call her.

You asked her to let you know when she was free. You left everything up to her instead of actually saying something like: "Would you like to go to (insert activity here) with me on Friday night?" You were vague and likely she got frustrated with your lack of ACTUAL initiation. (I know I would have). Give her a call and make a definate date. If she ignores your call and doesn't return it in a timely manner, then I think then you can safely assume that she's nexted you for someone more decisive who won't be leaving for any length of time.

Good luck.

She was the one who texted me to let her know when I was free. I've told her.

My bad: Well then why didn't you make a date with her instead of just telling her when you were free. You're a frustrating dater. You're lazy at it. I'd have rolled my eyes at "I'm free friday" (leaving it all up to her to initiate) and just ignored you from here on out as well. Perhaps she's just too busy to call you presently but I'd be too busy for evvvva.

Archived