Not sure if this girl likes me or not...

Xin

I became good friends with this girl. I met her at my birthday party, and from there we slowly got to know each other better. Finally, this attraction "manifested" itself when she stayed over after a party once and I let her stay on my bed. In the morning, we ended up kissing a bit (although she was really shy about kissing to begin with, but warmed up eventually) and we were cuddling.

She asked me why I kissed her. We will call her "N". So, at the party we were at last night, another girl, called "Z" told N that she likes me. So Z likes me, and Z also told everyone at the party except me. N asked her why I kissed N because she thought I liked Z since Z told everyone Z likes me. I told N that well, I kissed you because I like you, but N said she felt kind of guilty because she thought I had a thing with Z.

The next day I scheduled to meet up with N in about a week, and she said okay. However, about halfway through the week, she said she was confused because she felt guilty because of Z, and she told me that she likes me now, but is afraid to like me more if she hangs out with me. I told her it's okay and she doesn't have to worry about it.

At the party, we hung out some more. N is a bit of a flirt, but it's hard to tell because she likes to talk to everyone at parties an equal amount. However, I felt like she was extremely shy, more so than the last few times we hung out. Regardless, at this new hang out we had, we ended up sharing a same bed and spooned before going to sleep together (we didn't have sex) and we did kiss. She did go to sleep wearing my clothes because her party clothes were probably uncomfortable.

Now, we haven't talked for a few days. I can tell she is the kind of girl who is slow and patient, because most of the time if I don't contact a girl who likes me, they get back to me in a few days.

However, with her, the one time I didn't contact her first, it took her like a day or two to message me, and she basically sent a message and then 'edited' it, to make it look like she didn't. Basically on my side it looked like I got a message from her, but I couldn't see the message. I ended up asking her about it and she sort of dodged my question but i felt like she was trying to get my attention. Now we haven't talked for a while again (she did send me a message saying "thanks" over something she asked me to send her but I don't qualify one word messages as communication). Other than that, she seems to be trying hard to hide emotions.. a couple times I teased her or flirted with her on purpose and she tried to face away from me and seemed really shy... any thoughts?

Your post is like alphabet soup is my first thought .

well it sounds like N doesn't want to get involved because of Z , protecting herself possibly from getting hurt if you decide you want Z , seen as Z made it clear to everyone how she felt .

I think you should just ask her out and stop all this stepping around each other and who messages etc etc ...just ask her ...she either will or wont , but either way you can then go forward instead of this stalemate .

Your post is like alphabet soup is my first thought .

well it sounds like N doesn't want to get involved because of Z , protecting herself possibly from getting hurt if you decide you want Z , seen as Z made it clear to everyone how she felt .

I think you should just ask her out and stop all this stepping around each other and who messages etc etc ...just ask her ...she either will or wont , but either way you can then go forward instead of this stalemate .

Problem is I am a lot more patient now when it comes to asking girls out... I still don't know her very well yet. I've only known her for a month, and we've only hang out like 3-4 times (all at parties btw). The bigger problem is, while I am more patient in asking girls out, I am still rather impatient when it comes to getting physical with a girl, which you can tell by the fact we've already kissed and been intimate, although I've drawn the line on having sex because having a girl attached to you that is not in a relationship with you is a very bad idea.

The other issue is I can tell she is the slow and patient type, too. I guess I should take her on a date because we haven't been on one yet. I think I would get to know her better if I had some 1 on 1 time with her, instead of always going to parties with her. Although we did spend 1 on 1 time in my room, and we talked, the setting could be a lot better.

I'm just worried if I take my time too long, will she become less interested? I'm normally the impatient type, and learning some patience was an arduous journey for me. I am wondering if she is the same.

Archived