Military relationship. My boyfriend disappeared since Friday.

MidnightBlue88

Ok so my boyfriend is active duty in the Air Force so things might be different. Anyway, I don't know what the hell happened. It was fine last week and he sent me a morning text on Friday and since then poof he disappeared and haven't talked to him since. I did text him saying I needed to ask him something before he disappeared. His phone's been off and that is his only phone and phone line, he doesn't have a landline number or other phones. He hasn't been online on FB or Skype either and he didn't read my FB message either. Him and his family members are still on my FB friends list and so is he. His friend accepted my friend request and I asked him if my boyfriend asked him to play League of Legends together because we were supposed to all play together. No answer from him either. It's like he just "died" and nobody knows about it. I'm worried something happened to him and I'm also worried that he's avoiding me on purpose. I'm pretty sure he's not cheating on me either. He's also not deployed and can't right now.

We're actually long distance and he lives 6 hours driving distance apart. He just came to saw me last weekend and was still really affectionate. I noticed he was a bit distant through texts, but he explained about how he was in the military and it was his work situation that was stressing and annoying him out.

Wow, that should be hard. Hold on, dear!

But no one can tell you for sure what happened with him in your situation. It could be many-many reasons.

For how long have you two dated? Do you have contact from his family, maybe? If yes - call his mom or dad or other relative and just tell them you are worried. If something happened with him, his family will know first. Hopefully, though, its all fine, and he has a perfect explanation for all that.

Good luck!

Wow, that should be hard. Hold on, dear!

But no one can tell you for sure what happened with him in your situation. It could be many-many reasons.

For how long have you two dated? Do you have contact from his family, maybe? If yes - call his mom or dad or other relative and just tell them you are worried. If something happened with him, his family will know first. Hopefully, though, its all fine, and he has a perfect explanation for all that.

Good luck!

yeah I agree with larl ...there is nothing more you can do ...although if you are friends with his family on FB then I think you can rest assured if anything sinister was going on youwould have read about it by now .

It really is a mystery isn't it , no wonder you are worried , I hope you get your answers soon .

Sweetie, my husband is active AF..this disappearing act your bf has pulled may be related to his career, nonetheless it should not be an excuse for his lack of communication to you. There are plenty of resources available to service embers if they are stressed or overwhelmed. I have a feeling he is still in contact with those he WANTS to be in contact with.

I'd be inclined to think he's lost interest. It's rare something disastrous happens that prevents someone from reaching out unless they simply don't want to.

A little more info would be conducive to us giving you a more helpful response though... How long have you been together? Has it always been a long distance relationship (i.e. you met online)? Was the last visit you mentioned the only in-person meeting you two have ever had?

Archived