mixed signals after texting

leo9

I recently met a beautiful woman through a dating site, and a week ago we went on our first date. The date went excellent and we kissed after, and she was so excited to see me again that we did brunch the following morning and I got to see her apartment. Since then we've seen each other three other times including her making dinner one night. Every time I have felt close and comfortable with her.

She was busy working this past weekend so we didn't make plans. I had plans last night anyways, but got a late text from her asking when I'd be done as she might want to hang out. Then she quickly sent another text, saying nevermind she was going out with her girlfriends she hasn't seen in a while. We texted twice after that, and she seemed very short with me. I now think she wasn't happy that the conversation continued.

Now today for the first time I haven't heard from her at all. Since our first date, we've communicated in some form every day. She has started the conversation as much as I have. I am wondering if I should try contacting her tonight, or should I give her space until tomorrow?? I know this is fickle, but I am new to casual dating after being in relationships the last four years. Thanks.

I really do want to talk to her, but I also don't want to come off as clingy.

Although we've talked on the phone, and that is my preferred method of communicating, she seems to like texting better. Maybe I'll just wait and see if she reaches out during work tomorrow as she did every day last week... Argh.

Archived