No friends in my home town, how to meet new people?

carrie8484

Hey

I had a rough time at school and didn't really have any real friends. I think this has affected me throughout my life as I never expected people to like me so I kinda keep my distance. I only really have maybe a handful of friends as an adult. Due to having no friends growing up, I don't have anybody in my home town who I can call up and go round and see. I live in a city just outside my hometown due to work, but may have to move home again soon due to financial reasons. What can I do to make friends in a small town? People from school are out of the equation due to the past (bullying and bad memories) and I have started a 'meet up' group as there wasn't one for my home town, but nobody has joined so far. I am at a bit of a loss, as my town is very working class and I don't think things like 'meet up' appeal to most of the locals. Ive google searched groups in my home town but nothing comes up. Im a female 29, really take care of my appearance, like girly things, horse riding and music....I just have confidence issues I guess. What can I do to reach out to people?

Making friends is hard to do as an adult, as most people will have their social circle already down. With your work life and commuting takes most of your time aswell. What do you like to enjoy? Maybe you could find a hobby group that and meet people that way, since then you already have a common interest? Like a reading group or pottery class, I'm sure there's something out there that interests you! You could get a dog to keep you company (if it fits in with your lifestyle) which would become your best friend and you'd meet plenty of people it's not great advice probably just sounds silly but stay positive, every stranger is a friend you haven't met yet

Archived