Unblocked him on FB to see his profile....I failed :(

So 6 days Post BU I've already failed

I thought I could be strong and not do it. But an impulse just made me do it.

I unblocked him & went right to his profile.

Then I saw that he'd very recently befriended (last 15 hours) a good looking guy who's also gay. Now my minds jumping cus there was a social night...and what if he'd hooked up? He's moved on so fast?

There's a picture of him with friends in a pub too...I just don't know what to think The friend he's with in the picture I got on really well with last time I went to his town.

Damn it...I can't reblock him for 48 hours. I need to STOP doing this! Help guys!

I guess one positive is that I have no intention of messagin him...but then yesterday I thought I wouldn't unblock him till the day we'd decided to talk!

Sometimes takes an experience like yours to not do it again....you find out the hard way that it just makes things worse for you and eventually care too much about yourself to do that (once you're thinking clearly again).

Happens to the best of us....hang in there!

keep him blocked. the thing is, nothing you see on there will make you feel better. he's not going to be posting, "ooh, i miss my ex sooooo much, i wish i were with him right now." no. Even if he felt that way (which he might not), he won't write that. He'd contact you directly if he feels that way. Instead, you're going to see what you saw - pictures of him going out to bars, with other men, and you won't know if those guys are his new hookups, or they are just friends, or the guy is straight or what. then your mind will be racing and it's just not going to do you a bit of good. so forget it!!

Don't worry about it and don't beat yourself up over it. Just log out of Facebook or even deactivate your account. If you are worried about losing contact with your friends on Facebook, just download the "Messenger" app and use that instead. It does the private messages only, and nothing else, so you can't look at anyone's FB page, you can only send or respond to messages.

Just continue to refocus on yourself instead of him, and continue your healing process with self-love. Do what makes you heal and become whole and healthy again. You are a whole and complete person unto yourself, independently and apart from any other person.

Deactivate your account.

Trust me, it works. I did it and it helped me so much, after that ive never gone back! Can't stand the damn site.

This. One million times over. I found that I couldn't stay out even if I deactivated, so I gave a friend access to change my info and deactivate it so I could never go back in. I don't miss it.

It took me 2 months and 3 weeks to recheck my ex facebook and it killed me entirely. Even though nothing big was there...

I deactivated my facebook account. I'm just using the messenger like Bw said. My friends only use FB so I have no option left... I've always known facebook was a poison but I could not hold my hand.

Back to day 1. Do the same...Get rid of it. Get the app and never log again. I never liked social sites anyway...I miss MSN days.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm using it on the computer rather than as an app ...an our university gives out lots of information on places for extra teaches on it so I can't just use the messenger bit . I guess I just need to reblock him & stick to that...really stick to it!

Archived