I need some advice from an outside point of view

Ok so this is basically a cry for somebody to tell me where to start, I met a girl called kim in 2008, we got on really well and got together pretty fast, we moved in together in 2009 and we were fine but had financial problems. I had an injury requiring medication, I was given codeine phosphate, I became addicted to codeine and it became a problem of mine and still is, the codeine changed me and I was lazy and cared a lot less than I did before about everyday things, I love kim with all my heart she has stood by me through thick and thin, we began to argue, she started getting naggy about little things, there was a lot of hostility between us recently, and we broke up, I reacted to this by turning to my friends, i am ussing a lot of codeine, I have been suspended from work for something I did wrong, I am living in the apartment we shared and she moved out, lately I have turned to more drugs to try and numb the pain, the last 2 weeks I have been taking codeine and cocaine with friends but as soon as friends go home im left alone, with no job prospects, in a flat alone, addicted to drugs, I love this giirl so much, I cant stop crying, I know I need to stop drugs and sort my job out and try and speak to her but I think im becoming depressed as everytime I try and think about sorting myself out I just dont know where to start and I end up thinking of kim and just breaking down again, please somebody give me kick up the bum and tell me where to start, I need my life back and I need to make sure I dont lose the love of my life over this

well, you already lost her so don't focus on that as your goal. You should be drug-free and employed because that serves YOU...not to attract someone else. If you need help with drug addiction, I'd recommend going to a support group or getting a sponsor or admitting yourself to rehab (which you may have the time to dedicate to since you don't currently have a job). Go to family/parents and tell them you're in crisis mode so they can help.

I don't know anything about codeine but cocaine is super expensive, addicting and could lead to worse drugs/more expensive and more dangerous highs. You absolutely need to nip this in the bud.

Call your closest relative now and out yourself so that you can start the process of being accountable for your actions and getting back on track.

Best wishes,

Sav

I am going to book an emergency appointment at my gp first thing in the morning, il let the doctor advise me on drug use, cocaine is not a problem for me, I dont crave it, its the codeine that worries me, codeine is a pain killer from the opiate family of drugs, I just feel hopeless right now, and even though kim is gone I know she still loves me and I strongly believe its the drugs that she cant stand, I have promised to stop loads of times before and never did so I guess the only way to show her is to stop and prove to her she means more to me than any of this crap

Codeine makes it seem like nothing matters. Get healthy for yourself; as you come out of your addiction you will be amazed at how much important detail you were dismissing as an addict.

Kim, maybe, maybe not. Health comes first. None of your decisions will be right until you fix the foundation.

Good for you for being so honest with yourself. That's awesome, actually.

It may not seem it from reading about my situation but I am pretty switched on, I know what these drugs can do to me and if you met me you would never of thought in a million years I would be an addict, I just want to fix this while im still you (25) and get myself sorted out, thanks for the replies, I guess ii just needed somebody to tell me that its not the end of the world and I can come back from this

Talk to your doctor about tapering off codeine if you want to give it up, are you addicted or do you need to take it for pain?

Valium could help you with withdrawals so ask about getting that prescribed.

It's not the end of the world, I don't think your a bad person quite the opposite.

It may not seem it from reading about my situation but I am pretty switched on, I know what these drugs can do to me and if you met me you would never of thought in a million years I would be an addict, I just want to fix this while im still you (25) and get myself sorted out, thanks for the replies, I guess ii just needed somebody to tell me that its not the end of the world and I can come back from this

Of course you can come back from this. You just have to start. Then keep going when it gets hard. And then finish.

Imagine this: it's two years down the road and you are in a much better place. You've kicked the habit, sorted out your life, and you wake up everyday smiling. I would wager that by that time, they'll be another girl in your life, who is actually much better, much stronger, and much more willing to stick it out than your ex.

Yeah, right now you probably think she is the greatest thing in the world. But, I assure you, there is someone out there more suited to you. Improve for HER, not your ex.

Archived