Email from EX after 3 weeks NC

Got a email this morning from the ex stating how much she misses me and wants me in her life. Now that we have been NC it has given her a chance to realize how important I am to her. When she visited from the UK last month she was really distant and cold towards me and it was my idea to go NC. She told me she also met someone else but wasnt dating...

I dont know if she is being genuine or she feels guilty for doing something with this guy? I mean it is a email on a Sunday morning afterall lol... I dont know if I should reply telling her I got the email or stick with NC?

What do you guys think?

If you want to investigate and see what she really wants I would reply but withhold showing any serious desire for working things out. Maybe say back "What do you mean by you want me in your life?" Basically just get her to elaborate on what she wants or expects without seeming emotional or overly interested or completely disinterested. Find a monotoned but intrigued middle ground to ask her to explain more.

I wouldn't ignore it. She will just move on and think you don't like her anymore anyways.

She just feels guilty. Ignore it unless you want to pretend that you are over her and are ready to accept being the friend she emails from time to time about how her life (and possibly her love life) is going. She doesnt seem to be offering anything more.

I just said that I appreciate the thought and that I think the NC has been doing us good and that we should keep focusing on ourselves. That was pretty much it. I know she just wants me in her life to chat and be friends but I am not done with the healing process yet and once I am comfortable enough I will explore the friendship avenue.... who knows what the future holds.

Archived