Guy lead me on then is dating someone else?

alohalove18

This guy I've been talking to suddenly got a girlfriend last night and posted it on Facebook. I am seriously pissed. Why would he lead me on if he didn't even have any intention of dating me? Me and him never hung out, but we talked about it. He was supposed to come visit me at work today (I work at a grocery store) and I've been looking forward to it all week. Now I don't know what to do IF he does come up there. Ugh. I'm really hurt.

I'm not sure how he led you on if you haven't even met. "Hanging out" is not the same as going on a date. Stopping by your work also isn't a date.

I'm sorry you're hurting. I would encourage you to raise your standards as to what you think are signs of interest and what constitutes a date/getting to know someone because you deserve a lot more signs and effort than 'stopping by your work'.

Sorry... but this is the dating world. I cut off my date last night for the next, she didnt meet my criteria in person. If she did meet them, i would have cut the one i havent met yet. Sometimes people only bank on you, other times you are an option. I usually have 2 to 3 women i am chatting with at one time, once one of them puts in as much work as me, and we click, i snatch her up and the other 2 either vanish, or i let them know i am taken now.

This guy I've been talking to suddenly got a girlfriend last night and posted it on Facebook. I am seriously pissed. Why would he lead me on if he didn't even have any intention of dating me? Me and him never hung out, but we talked about it. He was supposed to come visit me at work today (I work at a grocery store) and I've been looking forward to it all week. Now I don't know what to do IF he does come up there. Ugh. I'm really hurt.

What did he say to you to that led you to believe he was headed towards pursuing this?

How long have you two been talking?

Why haven't you two ever met before now?

Did he tell you he wanted to date you?

I'm trying to find out what you base this on before I answer.

Some people are just thoughtless jerks, I'm afraid. And he didnt just 'suddenly get a girlfriend last night', its been going on for a while if he has announced it on fb.

Chin up, live and learn. Make sure you dont invest too much time and emotion on the next guy until you have started dating, and even then hold something back.

Archived