Always feeling worthless

Amp33

All my life, I have had guys tell me they love me. Whether or not we've even dated before. I'm constantly being complimented, told I'm beautiful, wonderful, etc. but yet even with all of this being sent my way, I never feel good. Maybe for a split second. But regardless of how many times I'm told, I feel like there's something wrong with me and that nobody could ever truly love me..

Other than my "first love" at sixteen, I've only ever been in one serious relationship. And I always find myself looking for ways to show the other person that I'm not as great as they think I am.. I don't know what's wrong with me.

I know I have insecurities that get the best of me. I have the voices in my head always telling me "they didn't really mean it when they called you beautiful." Or "they're just saying that to be nice. They're lying to you."

I don't know how to turn these voices off..

I feel like there's something wrong with me and that nobody could ever truly love me.

Why is this? I'm sure you know the real reason, what is it.

And I always find myself looking for ways to show the other person that I'm not as great as they think I am.

Again, why? People ask you out, they go out with you because they find you attractive. It doesn't matter whether you're a 2/10, 5/10 or a 9/10, that person found you attractive. Period.

Everyone has flaws and trust me they'll find out your flaws eventually - everyone does. I'm not sure why you feel the need to draw attention to them.

I have the voices in my head always telling me "they didn't really mean it when they called you beautiful." Or "they're just saying that to be nice. They're lying to you."

Why would someone tell you that you're beautiful just to be nice? What's in it for them? Sex? Well then, they think you're attractive.

Btw: On a scale of 1-10, how pretty do you think you are? On a scale of 1-10, how pretty do you think the average person would say you were?

What would make you believe that you were beautiful?

If you switched bodies with the ugliest person you've ever met, and couldn't switch back, what would be your best quality? the one you'd want people to focus on?

Archived