What's wrong with me?

JoeHutch

I'm still new to this, but I pose another question. For some unexplainable reason, girls that are pretty or normal just aren't into me. Now I'm friendly with lots of people and all that, but the only girls attracted to me are the ones with lesser looks. I hate to sound like an ass, but it's not fair. I work out and try very hard to be in shape and I just want a girl that likes to go to the gym or would want to do stuff like that. To make it worse, I feel like more of an ass for not liking these girls back. I'm not sure what I'm doing or why I can't just have like a normal relationship or something. I see couples everywhere and they just seem perfect and I want that, but I feel like that's just not gonna happen. I'm supposed to give it time and stuff and I do. I'm myself and I know I'm different and not normal, but I still want like a nice relationship or the classic one everyone thinks about.

Honestly, as a guy you kind of have to just take what you can get and stick with whoever you can tolerate the most. That's really all dating actually is. Don't be fooled by the image everyone presents about dating, relationships, and "love", and all that.

You're obviously prone to looks, but there're more to a person than that. Have you tried giving the less attractive girls a real change in getting to know them? As cliche as this sounds, getting to know their personality may help you become more attracted to them. I dated a guy who I wasn't normally my type, and I actually looked at him while he was sleeping and thought to myself that I didn't find him physically attractive, but I loved him. And I have plenty of friends who shouldn't be together. They look great on the outside, but their issues with each other aren't worth being together.

What's wrong with you is that you've made looks to be the main factor in a relationship when, in reality, looks play no part in a fullfilling relationship between 2 people.

Have you ever heard anyone say 'she makes me happy because she's so pretty?'

Attraction is, of course, important but it's not just about looks. Get to know those girls who are attracted to you. I'm not saying you should be with someone you don't like but, many times, we fall for people we never thought we'd be attracted to...as long as we give them a chance in the first place.

You have to be good looking to get good looking women, if not that then you need to have a certain set of traits. If you dont have that... then you wont attract what you want.

the 100% truth my friends and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool or clearly has never paid attention to most social interaction.

Are you approaching these "good looking" women, or are you waiting around for them to talk to you? Are you being assertive or passive aggressive? And to what degree on the attractive scale are these girls "lesser?" Please don't tell me that they're just plain-Jane or average, because if they are, you seriously need to reevaluate your standards. Regardless, you probably need to broaden whom you are receptive to and get to know these women personally before you kick them to the curb. You're probably missing out on some quality women, brother.

I think you are waiting for the right person to come along. That's fine. Also, you might be just hanging out with the wrong crowd. If you don't have many other fit friends, I don't think it's gonna help you out because you'd be considered an outcast.

You need a girl that is not pretty or normal. You need a super hot girl that just cares about fit men and nothing else.

Archived