I need help falling out of love. Any thoughts?

pulvisetumbra

Hey. I’m a 20 year old girl and I’m in love with my best friend. I know, I know-It’s so revoltingly cliché but it wasn’t exactly a choice. Anyway, this is my situation. We met a little over three years ago in high school and we became best friends almost instantaneously. We understood each other and were just so effortlessly comfortable in each other’s company. We still are, and that is how I want things to stay. Recently, he moved to a college in Ukraine. I, however, live in Uganda. I never told him how I feel (admitting it to myself is bad enough) because I know him well enough to realize that nothing will ever happen between us. Problem is, my stupid brain doesn’t and keeps torturing me with these ridiculous fantasies. I cannot afford to keep living this way and I need to erase these feelings now because it’s driving me insane. PLEASE somebody tell me how to fall out of love.

You've got the perfect condition right now to fall back out of love. He's moving away, so you wont be seeing him anymore. Avoid contacting him too much and start dating other men. The feelings should slowly go away after that. Im in a similar situation as you, i started having feelings for a close friend and unfortunately she didn't feel the same so i am distancing myself and after about a week of keeping busy, i'm already starting to feel alot better. Good luck

Archived