Is my boyfriend too close with his female friend??

actions...just see if his actions change...there is a lot of ways to keep in communication with her..he is obviously going to have to say something to her...because she is going to wonder why everything went from daily communication to nothing...

and i dunno but this just sticks out to me... "He even told me that Andrea* told him she has had complaints from her other male friends' girlfriends because of her flirtatious behaviour. She doesnt seem to understand that you can't act a certain way with people who are in a relationship.."

Oh i bet she understands...she just chooses to ignore it..this is where your bf comes into play..he is the one in the relationship..he needs to be upfront with her about this..if she really is his "friend" she will understand...

I would not bother having a talk with him. You have only been together 6 months and he is already lining up a plan B. If hes not cheating on you already-he will be soon. Just break up with him and find a guy who doesn't disrespect you or your relationship this way.

They are not "friends". They are dating

Agree x10000

Well I hope it works but if I were him I'd feel like you were trying to be his Mommy with all those rules. If he wants to do the right thing he will and without needing any of your rules. I think this woman is a piece of work and knows full well how inappropriately she is behaving. But really she's not the issue -he is and how he chooses to behave and to react to her.

Ooops... I jumped the gun responding before I read the whole thread.

Glad you feel better about things now.

Personally I think if you have to assign rules and whatnot to a guy and his 'friendships' you're already teetering on a toxic relationship.

I certainly hope things work out for you.

He even told me that Andrea* told him she has had complaints from her other male friends' girlfriends because of her flirtatious behaviour. She doesnt seem to understand that you can't act a certain way with people who are in a relationship..

Yes she does because if someone acted the way she's acting with her boyfriend, she'd be at a complete understanding of it.

She has decided that no one's feelings but hers matter and she doesn't have to respect anyone's relationships or anyone's girlfriend.

If you acted the way Andrea acts with other guys, I'd bet your boyfriend would get to an understanding about Andrea, too, and wouldn't be so quick to make excuses for her being disrespectful.

Archived