Collective heartbreak

Katf1988

Or I wonder if there may be an actual term for how I'm feeling, just feel quite depressed, very unlucky in love and although I haven't really had a long term relationship because I am quite strong minded, I am starting to feel upset and depressed because of all the failed relationships, I don't think it's specific to one person as such, feeling quite heartbroken and think if I went to not caring I could become quite cold, perhaps I'm rambling, what do you guys think?????

I think the term that you are looking for is "tired." It happens to the best of us sometimes and it is probably related to just what you said, you have been through the wringer a couple of times and you are just not happy with the way things have gone.

My suggestion? Take a break. Relax. Stop being so serious. Every acquaintance doesn't have to be a potential partner. They don't even have to be someone you see ever again. What's important is that, on that day, you enjoyed your life and you got done some of the things that you wanted to do. A lot of the time the right person will find you while you are smack in the middle of doing something completely different from looking for the right person. That's because we always end up meeting the people most like what we need while we are doing the things most important to our life.

So take care of you for a bit. Work on your situation. Get yourself right and ready to deal with the next one when they come along and I think that everything will be fine. Forcing things is never the way to go, and if you are "strong-minded" as you say You might just end up in something really dysfunctional if you are not careful. There are people out there that appreciate all kinds of other kinds of people, you just have to find the one that's right for you. When you find them, you might not even think that it is the right person because their way of dealing with you will be so different from what you are used to, but trust me when I tell you, you'll know because it will last.

Good luck, and I hope you feel better. Hang in there.

Archived