Jojo1983

It has been such a long time since I did the whole dating thing, but here I am.....

A little over a month ago I met a man online (I’m 30 yrs. old and he’s 31), and we have been texting and talking on the phone pretty much every day. A couple of days ago he told me he loves me. I did not say it back, and told him I wouldn’t until we actually got to know each other in real life. He said that he’s fine with that but he will continue to tell me what he feels, even though I won’t say it back.

Currently he went back to visit his parents in another country and will not be back to the U.S. until spring time. We live in different states and his company has offices in the state I live in. He told me that he would be happy to relocate to make our relationship work.

My question is, am I being too cautious or is all of this a bit too fast? He seems very sweet and kind of a helpless romantic where I am afraid to get my heart broken.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Be very cautious.

I would date others.

He is not available for a relationship right now. He is not even in your country!

And saying "i love you" only after 4 weeks of communicating is way too fast, particularly if you have never met!!. He could be the type to sweep you off your feet and then be an abuser or be a commitmentphobe in the end. Everything is just pretty ta lk until you actually meet.

Talking about relocating after only talking for four weeks is way too soon.

Stop communicating and tell him to look you up when he moves back to the states if he wants to meet you and go on a date.

There is nothing to "make work" = you don't have a relatioship. You have merely talked on a phone with a guy.

I really think you should not talk everyday. Talk to other people and do other things.

"A bit too fast"??? How about impossible? You've been chatting for a month and never met, and he says he loves you? This is not love, you know that. I would be extremely wary of anybody who professed his love for me after such a short time and without having met me in person. Actually I would cut contact right then and there. We don't live in a fairy-tale, or in some kind of romantic movie where everything is possible!

And is there any reason why you two didn't meet before he left?

Sorry for my cynical question, but I'm burning to ask it. Do you know his immigration status? What kind of work papers does he possess? H1 visa? temporary green card? permanent green card? Citizenship? I think this is an important question to be asked.

Archived