new girlfriends friends

robertpaulsen

ok not sure if i posted this in the right place but here it goes. i am seeing a girl who i was friends with for years before and know all of her friends. recently she has complained about spending time with them as they keep hassling her about eating and accusing her of starving herself and that she looks sick gaunt etc. thing is when we were friends and she was doing her thesis she put on unhealthy weight from not going gym eating fast food stress etc. now she is finished college and eats clean and exercises and is alot more stress free she has lost some weight and looks great(she is a size ten,and also has an honors degree in nutrition). i really dont get all the hassle she is getting from her girls. one of her friends even cornered me at the local club the other night stating that she is starving herself as she knows im into fitness and 'skinny girls' whatever that means. now i know women can get jealous, sure men can too but it all seems way out of control. any women out there know whats going on here??

girls in packs can sometimes get really weird. that's the only thing i can say. just encourage your girlfriend to ignore it and if her friends corner u again...try to be a little more assertive and say 'listen, i know my gf and she is healthy...please stop this'. hopefully it will just pass.

They are jealous because she's in a relationship and I'll bet they aren't. It's "crabs in the barrel" mentality.

Just smile at whoever said this to you and walk away. She is not owed any explanation about anything in your relationship with your girlfriend.

You can have a unhealthy relationship towards food without being tiny. I agree that it could be some strange twisted jealousy... but I would also pay attention. Her close friends might be seeing things you don't. Also having a degree in nutrition doesn't mean you have a healthy relationship with food. Is she obsessive about working out or what she eats?

Archived