I am having an extremely hard time moving on and letting him go since I fell so hard for him. Here is my story.

A few months ago I started seeing this amazing guy. We met through my work (he does not work there himself) and we hit it off great. We decided to take this slow since we both have had long relationships in the past that ended badly and hurt us. He decided that he wanted to wait to have sex until we had built a good foundation to possibly a serious relationship. So we took our time. Went on dates and just got to know eachother. It was so much fun. There was no drama or fighting not even one argument. It was so nice. He texted me a long message one night when he was laying in bed saying that he is so glad he had met me and that he appreciates me and that when he has his arms around me at night that everything seems right in the world, that anything that had been bothering him was non existent. That he thinks about me all the time and that every moment spent with me was amazing and the next moment even better... He let me meet his family which was a huge step for him to do beccaus he doesnt just let any girl met his family unless its serious. I spent Thanksgiving and Christmas with him and his family and he met mine. His family loved me. He bought me gifts (which i told him he didnt have to) and we had an amazing time together. He bought us a gym membership and we had a blastworking outtogether. I was really excited about getting healthier andstarting a new way of life with him. Then the next day (new years eve) he broke up with me. He came over to my house and asked to talk. Said that he feels like i wasn't over the hurt from.my past and that he wants to move on and be single. What did i do so wrong? We were so happy. If he wanted to be single why did he do all of that stuff with me? I need advice. Im so terribly heart broken and confused. All I've done is cry and think about him. Is there hope?

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

It's difficult to say what went wrong. He gave you a reason. Is there some truth in it? Did you talk to him alot about your past?

You fell hard for him. You say everything seemed to be going great. Maybe your head was clouded & ignored some signals? Or maybe he was trying hard to get it to work, wanted to do it right with you but started to realise he just wasn't feeling it somehow. It seemed like he really tried though but just didn't have feelings for you. This might be a hard pill to swallow but you really didn't do anything wrong. Love can be strange sometimes.

Sorry but it seems like he has made up his mind. Don't try to cling on to it. Try to move on. This doesn't mean you're not right for someone else. Hope this helps.

Wrich, the title is "Can't Move On". Doesn't sound like you've tried yet. It's only been a week or so. Healing takes time and planning. It's certainly not instantaneous.

Make a plan and follow through before you use such definitive terms. Millions of people alive today have gotten over heartbreak; you can, too.

Archived