Multiple meanings behind clues

Hello,

I'm writing for some incite into some questions I have on my good friend. He knows I've had experience with my best guy friend that I've known from early childhood onward but he has never done anything with guys.

What is bothering me is that I just figured he would never be into anything with another guy, I joked about it with him as you do, but never seriously imagined anything beyond joking basis. Until recently that is. I have learned about body language and the signs of interest from many outlets included physical teaching, and I've noticed lately some of the tell take signs he has been giving to me imply more than friendly interest. What I would like to have an opinion on is whether it is a possible misunderstanding and hope on my part, maybe i like him more than I realize, or is there something in the pudding.

The signs include: when we are alone he is pretty flirty and touchy but not too much that alone would be obvious interest. When we speak he keeps eye contact for a good while sometimes, and others it's as if he is afraid to look me in the eyes. But the most telling is the way he does look at me. He will look me in the eyes but then quickly look at my lips multiple times even in a quick conversation. The only time I've witnessed these is from someone i know is attracted to me.

Thanks!

Those signs aren't enough to go by. You'd need more than that, to know. It might just be some nervousness about the fact that you're his good friend and you're interested in guys and that makes him a bit unsure about how to act. He might wonder if you want to do things with him and that would possibly make it hard for him to act 'normal'. From what you've described there's no way to say whether he'd interested or not.

I'm in the same situation, it's almost like we've been in a relationship for 7 months now but still never fully broke the ice and admitted it to each other, we've gotten close plenty of times tho, including him going on a rant on how I'm supposedly homophobic

Archived