Do guys think this is weird?

Amp33

Ever since I was born, I've had a lazy eye. It's not always noticeable, mainly when I've had a few drinks or if I'm tired. One eye is completely normal, but my other eye points in towards my nose a little bit sometimes. I'm not trying to sound conceited; but I'm not a bad looking person at all. But the fact that I have a lazy eye really really wears down my confidence. Like a lot. I'm always afraid that if a guy notices it that he'll think I'm weird and not be attracted to me. My friends, and my exes, all have said that it's "adorable." But I know when you first meet people and notice they have a lazy eye it throws you off a bit..

Guys what is your input? Would it weird you out? Have you been with someone with a lazy eye or have one yourself?

depends on how noticeable it is i guess, my brother has one and always hated it, like you it wore down his confidence, it bothered him and it's really only noticeable if he drinks.

he got his eye operated there's been improvement but it's not 100%, he has a gf and does well with women when he interacts with them.

i think we all have our set backs and insecurities, i have my own insecurity that isn't related to the eyes but it affects me non the less... gap teeth, like you i've gotten comments of "it's adorable", "it makes you, you", "i love your smile", but i personally don't like it so i smile less (unless i can't hold it back which is often).

often we really just project how others would feel about us because of the way we feel about our own defect... we're our own worst critics (just another example I'm also very obsessive about the smallest stains on my clothing... my mom always tells me "who the hell would notice!?"... even though she's right no one cares, i do lol)

That I have, and it was quite cute actually.. it was fitting of her personality -- sort of quirky, very friendly/outgoing. It did throw me off when we were first dating, but only if she looked around really fast, it was very subtle. Anyway we dated for a year, took her home from her dilation appts, etc etc..

One of my eyes is also a little 'off'...not lazy but due to an accident I had as a toddler. Sometimes I can really see it in pics, but for the most part I look at it as if it were a scar. It adds character and makes me more charming

I have a profile pic...it's my left eye.

It can be endearing, little flaws like that are things (some I can't get past but a lazy eye is not one) that I like in women. Especially the "really good looking" ones, it makes them normal and a little more grounded. Just be honest that you have it when the opportunity arises; heck a friend's Husband is paraplegic and I only remember when we go out to dinner and they ask about stairs.

We worry about our own flaws more than others even notice. Plus as long as you aren't this guy you need not worry, leave the pistol at home people will notice when you start playing with it.

I think it would only turn me off if the person was super-negative about it. Better to have a sense of humor and make some jokes. For example, I had a teacher once who happened to be in a wheelchair. His last name was "Stand". He would make a ton of jokes about it. I developed a slight crush on him actually.

Archived