How to choose one date?

Maur

Hello everyone,

Wow this site is amazing! I wish I would have found this earlier!

Maybe someone could provide me with some advice. I am a young woman (19) who doesn't have much dating experience. At this moment I get asked out a lot, there are two guys that I'm 'dating', plus one that I regret putting in the 'friend zone'.

The thing is, I'm not one to date numerous people. It gets complicated quickly because I am really bad at making decisions, which results in me quitting every date in order to escape. That isn't helping much My intentions when I'm dating someone, is to see if he and I could work out in the future. Other forms of dating I find to be a waste of time (that's just me, I know a majority dates for the heck of it and is content with hook-ups and flings every once in a while, I'm way too awkward to enjoy that ).

There are three guys that are into me. Two of them are already really serious, they text me nonstop and want to be with me any given moment. I've been on one date with them. One of them I didn't see as dating material at first, until he asked me out. I told him I was already dating, and we agreed to get to know each other as friends. I came by his place. He turned out to be a really great, interesting guy! We have a lot in common. Unfortunately for me, these other two men are also great.

If I had been asked out by just one of these three amazing men, I would probably date him seriously without worrying too much. But since there are three of them, I am really anxious to choose the wrong one. I am sure I'm not the only one who is or has been facing this problem. At the moment, I'm doing nothing and am reluctant to meet with them. If I continue to do this, I will loose them all of course.

Oh, by the way, I haven't been leading them on, I have been on just one date with two of them, so it's all still very fragile. This has been going on for a couple of weeks.

Could someone provide me with advice on how to deal with this? I'm sorry my story is long and contains spelling/grammar mistakes, English is not my native language.

greetings from the Netherlands

Edit: I am tackling this at a very early stage so the other men can find someone else that is genuinely interested in them and is certain they want to date them.

Okay, so you're afraid to go on a few more dates because you might make the wrong decision and miss out on the right guy. But here's the thing- deciding now does not eliminate the possibility you will make a bad decision. In fact...I think rushing to choose will actually make ending up with the wrong guy far more LIKELY.

Just poke around a bit... This forum is filled with people who realized further one that the person they're dating isn't quite who they thought they were during that first date!

Archived