Asking someone in a shop on a date?

Splunk

Hi everyone,

I've just been to the shop, Argos to be specific. When I paid for my items and was waiting for them to get them from the store room the person who was going to serve me was smiling at me a lot then told me to go over early before she even had my items. We talked a bit and had a joke with each other and it felt really good, not because she was good looking but just the way we spoke and connected. I was wanting to ask her for her number or if she wanted to go for a drink sometime but I didnt have the confidence to because I was expecting her to say no or she has a boyfriend. I need to go get some more things next week and if she is working is there a way I should go about asking her or just not go for it?

Thanks for any replies.

If you see her, try striking up a conversation with her again and ask her how she's doing. Then, if all goes well, say something along the lines of, "So, I have to admit I enjoy talking with you. Would you be interested in meeting for a drink sometime?". Then ask for her number. Women appreciate an upfront type of guy. It shows confidence. Just go for it! Better to know where you stand rather than regret not taking a chance.

To be honest, if a guy gave me his number, I'd be reluctant to call.

Good luck and keep us posted on how things go!

Do some general chitchat like ask her if she has been busy/long day. Then ask her what time she finishes work that day, then ask her if she fancies going for a drink (in a pub nearby) after work. If she says no, suggest another night. If she doesnt accept then just shrug your shoulders and say ok I understand, nice talking to you but if you change your mind here is my number.. Its not too pushy or too strong and if I fancied a guy I would accept an offer like that.

Do some general chitchat like ask her if she has been busy/long day. Then ask her what time she finishes work that day, then ask her if she fancies going for a drink (in a pub nearby) after work. If she says no, suggest another night. If she doesnt accept then just shrug your shoulders and say ok I understand, nice talking to you but if you change your mind here is my number.. Its not too pushy or too strong and if I fancied a guy I would accept an offer like that.

I think ill try doing that next time, would it be better me giving her my number or me asking for hers?

• 4 weeks later...

Up front is really good...just not over the top. I hate it when guys say "you are so hot can I take you out sometime?" or something along those lines. First of all I am not all that "hot" and it sets off my self conscience alert. It also makes me feel a bit like an item instead of a person. It's much better for a guy to strike up a conversation like milly07 suggested. I will admit that I am a bit more forward though but it's a bit backwards for guys. Sometimes they can't take a hint. If I like a guy I will strike up a conversation then towards the end I will say something like "you are so funny (or sweet or cute or...) do you wanna get coffee or lunch or something? I make a point to never ask if they have a girlfriend or wife-I'd never ask a man wearing a ring-because that leaves them an easy out if they aren't interested. They can just say they have a GF-to which I reply "Darn...well, if that changes look me up!" Guys are wired differently though so that's why the double standard.

Archived