Healthy eating is so hard!

So I decided a couple of weeks ago that I'm going to start eating healthy, because god knows I most definitely haven't been. I've already noticed a difference in my body! So happy! But today.. I noticed there was something unhealthy in my fridge.... And I ate it. Of course karma came to bite me in the ass and now I feel gross, but along side that I feel so guilty! Like I'm disappointed in myself. Does anybody else struggle with this? And what are some healthy meals you've come up with that you really enjoy?

How old are you? I think I started to enjoy more healthful food -and want the really sweet stuff less -as I got older. One thing that helped was cutting out all diet soda (cut out regular soda early in my teens) because you have to get away from liking that overly sweet taste.

Healthy meals I love - whole grain toast with almond butter or with low fat cream cheese and avocado, oatmeal with raisins and cinnamon, grilled salmon and vegetables, whole grain pasta with sauce and cheese (but not a cream sauce or lots of cheese), greek yogurt, chicken salad with avocado, low fat cheese and figs, any kind of eggs (I try to do only one yolk, and two whites), roasted potatoes.

How old are you? I think I started to enjoy more healthful food -and want the really sweet stuff less -as I got older. One thing that helped was cutting out all diet soda (cut out regular soda early in my teens) because you have to get away from liking that overly sweet taste.

Healthy meals I love - whole grain toast with almond butter or with low fat cream cheese and avocado, oatmeal with raisins and cinnamon, grilled salmon and vegetables, whole grain pasta with sauce and cheese (but not a cream sauce or lots of cheese), greek yogurt, chicken salad with avocado, low fat cheese and figs, any kind of eggs (I try to do only one yolk, and two whites), roasted potatoes.

I'm 20. I stopped drinking pop almost a year ago. I only drink ginger ale when I'm not feeling well. I've stopped eating out as much as well. Won't buy ore made food, or food that can be thrown in the oven or microwave for simple meals.

I've been trying to do more with chicken and fish, no red meats. And vegetables. I'm just finding it difficult to decide what sort of snacks are easiest when I'm hungry and dont have a lot of prep time. I'm trying to stay away from pasta and wheat.

Make it a routine, it comes,to a point where you wont even notice it. And dont cheat coz it defeats the whole purpose. I personally have been following a 5000 calorie, 250g protein diet for 2 years and at first it was hard now I dont even notice it. I do a lot of manual labour and strength training so dont ask. Go to link removed they have many healthy diets for both men and women. Cheers

One of my current faves that feels indulgent and isn't: (but you gotta like mushrooms, I adore them...)

I saute a TON of sliced mushrooms with a bit of garlic and green onion in a touch of olive oil. Nuke a Lightlife Griller veggie patty. Snag a couple super thin slices of low fat muenster cheese and a very large (super burrito size) tortilla. Layer mushrooms (about 12-16 oz before sauteeing), cheese, and patty cut into strips. Fold into a burrito, toss into the pan. Crisp on both sides, cut into thirds. Makes 3 hearty servings - so one for then, two for later.

Makes the taste equivalent of a mushroom swiss burger - with a TON less fat and calories. Fat free cream cheese (couple tbls is all you need) works as well. Mushrooms are a fantastic filler - because they're dense, low calorie, and have decent amounts of vit A and selenium.

I usually use the same pan and cook up a couple of small yellow squash, sliced, and sauteed on high to quick crisp the outside. Better than french fries when sprinkled with a touch of sea salt. Well, almost... And those mini bell peppers for some crunch are nice as well.

Apples and pears are in season and stay sound for a long time - so they don't overripen fast if you lose the mood and they sit a couple days. I usually slice up a red pear or honeycrisp apple for any sweet cravings.

Current addiction - Tazo Passion tea. Amazing flavor... yum.

But today.. I noticed there was something unhealthy in my fridge.... And I ate it. Of course karma came to bite me in the ass and now I feel gross, but along side that I feel so guilty!

I think that's ok; it might even help you. Now and then you should taste something that you used to eat, just to see how much your tastes have changed. If it makes you feel gross and guilty, so much the better! That'll remind you to keep on with the program and it will discourage you from going back.

I've been dieting for several months now and avoiding sweets, but a few days ago I had a bit of a relapse. I went to the store and bought cupcakes and cookies and started bingeing on them. I didn't really enjoy it, but I'm glad I tried it because now I know I don't enjoy it, so I'm unlikely to do it again. (at least for a while, until curiosity starts to build up again).

Archived