I want to kiss my best girlfriend...and I'm a straight girl! What should I do?

Tealz

I could say that we have been friends for our whole life, literally. Both of us are currently 18 years old, and we'd known each other, play with each other, share secrets, going through puberty etc for those entire 18 years. She's a bit of a tomboy, & I'm a geek. The thing is, at 18, neither of us have had our first kiss, nor a boyfriend or anything relationship related. We're completely straight girls, and know how to appreciate a good guy. It's just that we haven't found the right guys. Sometimes, I feel so frustrated and lonely; I know she does too. For the past two years, we've started joking about being lesbians & liking each other. This may sound confusing, but I know we both know it's not serious, and we are not attracted to each other that way. Lately, the lonely & craving feeling suddenly got stronger, and whenever I'm around her, I just want to...do something. Like kiss her. We are very close, but both of us are kind of shy and awkward, so we never really cuddle or do anything too intimate. But I really want to. In my thoughts, losing my first kiss to her is better than with some random first boyfriend who might broke up with me later. I could think of this as some kind of 'experiments' close friends do with each other, like in some stories I read: we both know this is just a physical thing & that wouldn't affect our long friendship.

The thing is, we're from Asia, and this kind of thing is kind of taboo. I know her very well but don't want to make her uncomfortable, though if I carry it out, our friendship wouldn't be ruined. 18 years, she's like my soul mate.

Should I do it? Is this just hormones talking, or is it my mind? Please give me some advices. Thank you!

Lately, ... whenever I'm around her, I just want to...do something. Like kiss her. ... we never really cuddle or do anything too intimate. But I really want to.

18 years, she's like my soul mate.

Hmmm...

...I know we both know it's not serious, and we are not attracted to each other that way.

...sounds like you're in denial.

The thing is, we're from Asia, and this kind of thing is kind of taboo. I know her very well but don't want to make her uncomfortable, though if I carry it out, our friendship wouldn't be ruined....

Should I do it?

No.

Please give me some advices.

Btw: just "advice" - there is no plural.

Archived