Third day quitting ciggarettes cold turkey....

Days 3 and 4 are the toughest for a while, IMO.

I quit myself several times before going cold turkey over 2 years ago and staying smoke-free. You can do it. Drink plenty, and try and come up with distractions for the times you usually have a smoke.

I quit with help of my doctor... couldnt do it cold turkey. Got real close- but, not.

I am heading for round 3, as I suddenly started up, again *sigh*. It all takes time and repeated attempts, for some.

If it gets to be too much, and you fail this time, talk to your doctor about help with it. They can prescribe something to help you with this.

Good luck.

Third day is known to be a tough one for a lot of people. The rule of threes. Third day tending to suck real hard . Third week. Third month. DOn't know why, but it's true for many people.

SO ride out today knowing tomorrow there is a very good chance you will feel a whole lot better.

I let myself cry. It does no harm. And it feels pretty good.

It helped me to give myself permission to do whatever I wanted, anything at all, except smoke.

I still remember that on my day three - which bit hard - I allowed myself some fried chicken. I don't very often, but I rewarded myself that way that day.

Rewards every day help a lot. I don't recommend fried chicken every night - but do something that really is indulgent to you.

Archived