Guys, help me decode his behavior !

questiongirl

I've know this guy for 2 yrs. I don't see him that often, every few months. ( He travels a LOT for his work). Each time I see him though, he acts a little more affectionate than last time.

I most recently saw him a lot 4 days in a row, always in a group setting, and over those 4 days, he hugged me and at the same time also kissed me on either the cheek or top of head 5 times.

The 1st day was his b-day, & I gave him a present early afternoon, and he hugged/kissed me while thanking me, and hugged/kissed me again that evening before leaving, after he had opened my present to him(.He didn't open the present in front of me). He seemed really surprised & touched by the present, and the note I wrote in his card. ( I think it must be pretty obvious to him by now that I like him, he's a pretty observant guy).

The next morning, I was sitting in a room w/ other people, all of us on folding chairs, hanging out, waiting for everyone else to show up. I feel a hand on my back, and then someone kissing the top of my head. I look up, & he's standing next to my chair, and says good morning.

So the rest of the weekend he would occasionally hug/kiss me on the cheek. He doesn't do this to other women that I've noticed when I'm around him. One of the days he also walked into the room I was in w/ other people, & the 1st thing he did was wink & smile at me. It's like he's afraid to make a bigger move, but yet he'll kiss me on the cheek regularly in front of other people, so I don't know what to make of it. I don't want to say anything to him about it, for fear it'll scare him off. I do enjoy the attention, and don't want it to end. Thoughts ?

Why are you scared to ask him? If hes kissing and hugging you then that would suggest he is interested. I think you need to ask him what is going on between you otherwise you will be even more confused.

I guess I'm scared to because 1. I see him so infrequently, so I don't really know him that well.

2. If I'm misreading him, and it really doesn't mean much to him, it will be awkward anytime I see him again.

Well if he doesnt like you in that way then he shouldn't be hugging and kissing you like you are a couple. It is better that you ask him and find out otherwise it will just carry on and you will be even more confused. Wouldnt you rather find out what is going on so you can then make a informed decision?

He likes you. He is slow to open up and happy being indepedent. He may be seeing others and/or recovering from a break up. If you hang in there, let him open up to you at his own pace. If it takes him longer than you can manage, then you will have answered your own question.

Right now, there is no downside to you. He can't go any faster than is comfortable for him.

Well if he doesnt like you in that way then he shouldn't be hugging and kissing you like you are a couple. It is better that you ask him and find out otherwise it will just carry on and you will be even more confused. Wouldnt you rather find out what is going on so you can then make a informed decision?

He's never attempted to kiss me on the lips, so I wonder if he's just really comfortable w/ hugging/ cheek kisses, and I just don't see him enough to know he does this w/ others. I really do get the feeling from the way he looks at me that he likes me more than just an average friend. I'm not in a big rush to find out, I'd rather let him set the pace, I'm fine w/ that, especially if things continue to escalate. Thanks for your response !

Why don't you just turn your head next time so he kisses you on the lips instead.

Well, he's a lot taller than me ,for one thing, so it would be hard to pull that off LOL !

Seriously, though, I'm too chicken, and don't want to make things awkward in the future if he's not really that interested in me.

Archived