asking for a second chance

mrworldwide

There's a great girl I used to know. I had her attention but blew it; lacked confidence, dug a hole. She lost interest.

So much has changed for me, and she came to mind. I want to send a brief email and essentially ask for a chance. I think I know what to say.

I'm trying to figure a humble, but decently confident low pressure statement of interest. Is "I would love a chance to accompany you to coffee," fine?

Please advise! Thanks!

Were you in a relationship with her? If not, then this is not getting back together.

If you choose to send her that note, just make sure you respect whatever decision she makes.

Oops... Sorry. Wasn't sure what forum seemed appropriate.

Indeed, I want to put it out there. No expectations. As long as she's happy, I am.

Honestly, that sounds a bit desperate; I'd just ask her if she wants to grab a coffee sometime and take it from there.

How's she going to view you as worth giving it a shot with if you act like she's doing you a favour.

If she wants to, you're going for a coffee as equals.

If she's doing you a favour, she doesn't want to, and that means you shouldn't want to continue trying.

Yeah just bust it out. Ask her "hey you free to grab a coffee X day??" I once told a girl that I thought she was nice and was wondering if I could have her number. She told me to get it from my mutual friend. I later found out she wasn't interested in spit of my friend saying great things about me.

I saw her at my friends party again, and said hi during the party. I eventually got to talking to her with more confidence. I said at the time I didn't get your number but this time I'm not leaving without it because I'm going to take you out! I was confident and playful, she ate it up and gave me her number straight away. Confidence plays a huge part here.

Thank you people!

Is it fine to say that things have changed for me (long story) and mentioning what brought her to mind (it's an interest she's very passionate about)? Just a couple sentences.

Yeah, thanks for the tip, the phrasing seemed a little hat-in-hand. "Would you like to grab a coffee," better? "Are you free..." seems a little presumptuous.

Yeah, just ask if she wants to have a coffee. Honestly though I'd call her; let's you say "I was just thinking about common interest and thought of you; would you like to catch up for a coffee sometime?"

Email is a bit awks/non-casual, if you have her number.

I totally appreciate that. I'll send an email as it's pressure free, give her the space to decide. I think that's fair.

Archived