Happy New Year!

Happy new year everyone! It's been... wow, I don't remember the last time I was on here. Hopefully no one here still remembers me (as in, they're all better and don't need to be here!). I decided to at least drop by here to tell anyone who's down that I got over my ex, and you certainly can too. Really I've been over it for a while, so I guess that's why I haven't been here. Keep that in mind, don't let this place become an emotional crutch, use it to help yourself stand on your own two feet! Not that there's anything wrong with the site, it's great in fact, but constantly being on here when you're at such a low point can hurt sometimes. Moderation.

Anyway, to cut the rambling short, I know how it is, and I know how it will be for those of you suffering.You will pull through. No, you'll tear down the shell of your former self and build a stronger, better person. One who isn't dependent on someone else for their being, one who is mentally and emotionally strong, and one who can look at themselves in the mirror and say "I don't need them, because I have me".

And a song I think that tells the story of so many here:

"Oh oh ah ah hey hey

May you return to love one day

Well I hope and I pray

You get what you gave

Oh oh ah ah hey hey"

hi thank you for coming back! i hope you stick around though to help those who find it challenging to move on.

how long did it take you to get over your ex? what does it feel like?

Yeah I think I'll do that. Pass it forward and all of that

How long did it take? Hm... that's tough because it isn't exactly linear or the same for everyone. You sort of go up and down before you finally get there, but all in all a little over a year maybe? I didn't put forth total effort at first, and I let myself wallow in sadness, which is a no-no if you want to truly move on (and you do, trust me!).

Duke Nukem...Last time I saw you, you were reloading and heading for the Land of the Babes. I thought it was the last time I'd see you, so, uh...I drank your beer.

Unfortunately the last I saw of me was Forever, and that was a sad story haha!

Were you around when I was? I should remember all of the regulars from like a year ago, unless you got a name change?

Oh and I should mention, NC is the best thing to do. That means none, not "Well, let's see in a couple months". Don't intend to ever contact them again, if possible. This doesn't mean you never will see them again or what have you, seeing how random life can be but for your own sake and your ability to truly move on and objectively look at what happened, don't stay in contact.

I haven't talked to my ex since last August or so (2012). Not exactly sure, definitely don't care. I will say that I think of her probably at least once a day, but it's most often a passing thought or no different than thinking of a person you don't talk to anymore. And should any sort of emotional thought come up wondering "what if", I easily quash it with simple logic that it would never have worked or worked well. I don't hate her, but I am perfectly fine with never seeing her again. If that makes sense.

....Unfortunately the last I saw of me was Forever, and that was a sad story haha!

Were you around when I was? I should remember all of the regulars from like a year ago, unless you got a name change?

I wasn't gonna bring up Forever, but since you did, yeah...not funny.

I was around, same name. Been here forev...never mind. Another happy ending here. Met an amazing man (famous artist whose work I'm fairly certain you've seen with a name you might know), completely in love but, oddly, hold all the power in this relationship. My ex is eating his heart out. Poor guy.

I've read your threads, did your ex gf express any regret she dumped you?

Nope, none at all. She got a new guy 2 or 3 months after we were over. Don't even know if they're together still or not. Doesn't bother me. You live, learn, and become a better person. As much as it sucked, that relationship and the break up of it was very important to my future actions in relationships. Helped me to grow up a little.

I wasn't gonna bring up Forever, but since you did, yeah...not funny.

I was around, same name. Been here forev...never mind. Another happy ending here. Met an amazing man (famous artist whose work I'm fairly certain you've seen with a name you might know), completely in love but, oddly, hold all the power in this relationship. My ex is eating his heart out. Poor guy.

Not funny at all! Well, a little haha.

An artist! Awesome, I'm a metals guy, jewelry and all of that. Sucks for your ex, but then again, it was his choice to lose a winning ticket, eh?

Nope, none at all. She got a new guy 2 or 3 months after we were over. Don't even know if they're together still or not. Doesn't bother me. You live, learn, and become a better person. As much as it sucked, that relationship and the break up of it was very important to my future actions in relationships. Helped me to grow up a little.

Not funny at all! Well, a little haha.

An artist! Awesome, I'm a metals guy, jewelry and all of that. Sucks for your ex, but then again, it was his choice to lose a winning ticket, eh?

Kind of makes no sense, why have relationships if they can always end? I find it awful that you forget someone who was closest to you. Just doesnt make sense

Kind of makes no sense, why have relationships if they can always end? I find it awful that you forget someone who was closest to you. Just doesnt make sense

Well I have no idea what she thinks. She could think of me every day and want me more than a winning lottery ticket, or she could have completely forgotten me. I don't think it's either, but instead I think (or hope) it's a fond memory of the good times that we had and a part of what makes her the person she is now. Because sometimes people do still love one another, but love alone isn't enough to keep people together, and sometimes people are only meant to be in each others' lives for a short while, and then part ways permanently.

I hold no ill will towards her and wish her the best.

Archived