is it normal?

is it normal that you still miss someone after a few years even if it bad breakup?

2-3years back. Was with this girl for about 2years. We had a lot of fun. There was also lots of heartache. It wasn't a pleasant end. Not sure why. Even till now, there would be snippets of memories of her with me. Eg in my car, at my place.

I still misses her. Not sure why. Definitely don't miss the drama.

Is this normal? ?

Sure, I think it's normal. I'm nearly seven years out of one relationship from which I still particularly "miss" someone. However, as time has gone by I think it's more the times we had and the fun that I miss moreso that what made him, him...hence the quotes around "miss". This person also tends to appear in my dreams from time to time, as the situation ended without any really good closure or resolution.

There's things I miss from everyone I've ever been with and moved on from, but these haven't stopped me from pursuing other relationships and maintaining the one I have now. It would only be an issue if these memories or thoughts got in the way of the present in a manner that impacts the dynamic my bf and I have currently, and they don't.

Yeah, I'm the same way.

I dated a girl for 2-3 years (I say that because we broke up a couple times, sometimes for longer than a couple months, so I don't know the exact time of our combined relationships) and it was extremely hot and cold. There would be weeks at a time where I'd feel comfortable and happy with her and she with me, and we had some amazing times, but then that same person caused me such anxiety and lowered self esteem over time and that's not even why we broke up. I would've been within my rights to end it just based on some of her treatment of me (although it was inconsistent and sometimes she'd be the sweetest gf you could ask for) but she ended it on me all three times despite my willingness to work things through. She left me, also abruptly, over the phone and there's always been this part of me that would be interested to have talked to her more prior to making that quick decision. I'm sure it was more thought through than that but the person she was is long gone and I've accepted that.

It's been over a year and a half since I've seen her, we've never spoken, so it's not that I miss her so much as I'm just curious. I think she'd be completely different if I were to see her again, but hopefully I'll never have to know, because even though I'm glad she's happy, I don't want to see her with her so called "soul mate" (the guy she left me for)

Archived