my coworker gives me an expensive jewerly & then says im his friend?

TinaCafe89

So my coworker and I have been working together for 3 months. The only day that we are together all day is on Saturdays.

Before they allowed us to do over time, he worked on saturdays with me for free, he gives me rides home, he kids around about us getting married and kids, he complements me, he drops by my office without telling me, he sends me texts/pics randomly thru the day, he gave me an expensive golden pearl necklace for christmas, he took me to dinner. he playfully touches my shoulder/thights/ massages my back. BUT he hasn't kissed me yet?!

Then today, for new years, he says, "I hope you have a wonderful new year, and that you accomplish all your dreams. It's been a great pleasure to have met you and I hope that our friendship lasts forever. Happy new years to you and your family."

Friendship?! I'm 25 years old and he's 33. I thought he liked me. So my question is, am I in the friend zone? Or does he like me? Why would he say "friendship." Granted that we aren't dating, that we have this love tension between us. After 3 months, what kind of a "friend" gives you an expensive pearl necklace.

Ever asked him about it?

It's certainly unusual, but I can't think of what ulterior motive could exists here, given that you don't seem completely opposed to the idea.

I suppose he could be fatally shy/unsure of himself and waiting for you to make the first move, but that's all I can think of.

Whats the worst that could happen if you asked him "would you like us to go out, as in on-a-date go out?"

(operating on the theory that if you don't ask, you won't get!)

I know it might be great if he asked you... but it seems as if you're wondering what his thoughts are... and it sounds as if you don't find him repulsive... so you could always ask. At least that way you'll know where you stand.

Hope it works out well for you, whatever you decided to do.

Archived