Feeling very lonely and cant stop thinking about him. help!!

Ive only done 2 days of no contact since our break up on Friday. 3 year relationship gone. And Im trying to be super strong and not think about him and be sad but now that the sun is going down and its getting dark and near new years time, im not feeling so great. I really hope this gets better with more time. I am tired of crying.

Hang in there OP. My ex of 5 years dumped me last November. The holidays were awful last year, and weren't that much better this year. 5 years is a long time, just like 3 years is a long time.

You are still raw from your breakup, as it just happened a few days ago. You are only in the beginning stages. Do you have any friends or family you can hang out with tonight to get your mind off things? Try to focus on all the wonderful things you DO have in your life, and look at 2014 as a chance for a new beginning!

Good luck OP and hang in there!

Hang in there OP. My ex of 5 years dumped me last November. The holidays were awful last year, and weren't that much better this year. 5 years is a long time, just like 3 years is a long time.

You are still raw from your breakup, as it just happened a few days ago. You are only in the beginning stages. Do you have any friends or family you can hang out with tonight to get your mind off things? Try to focus on all the wonderful things you DO have in your life, and look at 2014 as a chance for a new beginning!

Good luck OP and hang in there!

Thank you. Yes i have 2 younge kiddos ill be with tonight, but i cant really talk to them about this. but i know this is for the better, its just a natural feeling to miss and feel lonely. Ill be ok, and yes i will concentrate on the things i DO have in my life. it could be worse thats for sure.

It's only been 2 days of NC. Let yourself cry and feel bad for now. Don't try to "be super strong and bottle things up". You need to cry and go through this.

yeah i just am trying to be strong for my kids thats all. I cry at night when they are in bed and try to act like nothing is wrong while im with them. I just hope this feeling goes away soon. Its like every minute is hard. Not a good feeling when you have no choice but to keep living. Im doing it for my kids.....if i didnt have them, i would be in a bad place.

8 years down the drain for me. Been without him since first week of November. Today was a really bad day emotionally for me. I totally understand night time is the worst for me. Driving home I broke down crying. I understand your pain. I sit in my apartment alone wondering what he is doing on his New Year Eve. Hard not to think about it. Hopefully I can get into a good movie later and try to suppress the urge to call. Although, I know I wont call, it is still hard.

8 years down the drain for me. Been without him since first week of November. Today was a really bad day emotionally for me. I totally understand night time is the worst for me. Driving home I broke down crying. I understand your pain. I sit in my apartment alone wondering what he is doing on his New Year Eve. Hard not to think about it. Hopefully I can get into a good movie later and try to suppress the urge to call. Although, I know I wont call, it is still hard.

Hi, Yeah night is the hardest. Especially on weekends when i know he is out. And of course i have 2 kids that i have to stay home and take care of. And even though we do fun things and i try to stay busy with them, the 9 oclock hour hits and they are in bed, and then im alone again, and thats the time people go out and party. So its very hard. We have had no contact still. I still cry also. Are you doing no contact? 8 years? wow.....

Archived