Boyfriend still has ex girlfriend on his facebook.

Msunstood

No, absolutely not. That was years ago. Years. Why are you worried about it? My Mister has multiple former lovers/girlfriends on his FB and fan pages (and one of them is now my "friend", too). I'm comfortable with his past. I have one, too. The key word is past.

Insecurity is the least sexy attribute a person can have.

How old are you and your guy?

If you're young.....this is a good thing to get over quickly and not form a habit out of. "Going out" with someone can amount to walking them to their locker or holding hands. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

If you're 20s-ish....this is a good thing to get over quickly. Like AutumBorn said, insecurity is NOT sexy. Its a drag. He "loved" her? What does that mean? What do you think will happen as a result of them being friends on FB?

If you're past your 20s....this is a good thing to get over quickly. The older we get, the more people we have known in the past, know casually, etc. If you're going to start keeping a log of his history with all his friends you'll exhaust yourself. Surely you've had crushes of your own, past flings, mistakes, good past things, bad past things....hopefully your BF trusts you enough to let you choose your FB "friends" at your own discretion and with your own best judgment....afford him the same courtesy.

Is there any answer that he can give you that would make you happy? If not, I wouldn't bother asking.

Yeah exactly. What could he say which would make you happy?

Let me ask you a question. Does it make you uncomfortable that he has old 'buddies' (I am assuming this is a woman he had sex with) on FB?

If it does, why is that?

And what would it take for you to feel comfortable?

So what? He is with you.

There are a litany of reasons one can have to prefer to avoid dating people in touch with their ex's that have nothing to do with a fear they will leave you. Some leave their past in the past and others choose to make it their present as well - OP it could be insecurity on his part, needing to maintain a fan club to feel better about himself as others have pointed out as being unattractive.

Facebook is basically a place where people add/keep almost everyone they've ever known. Half the time they go years w/o even speaking to the people, so it doesn't really matter. In fact, even if they DID speak it wouldn't matter. "He can read her news feed." SO WHAT?! What does that have to do with anything? How is that hurting you? There are more important things in life to worry about than Facebook.

I have my exes on my FB friends. I don't really talk to them. At all. My GF recently broke up with me the other day, and I was curious when she was talking to me. She had added an ex back to her friends that was bad to her. She said she forgave him, but that doesn't mean she forgot what he had done. IT was dumb of me to ask, and really not my business. I couldn't really say anything since I had my exes on there for the same reason.

Archived