Short term memory loss

JonLH

Not sure what the internet can do for me, but I seem to be developing Short term memory loss. Which is pretty much, I do something, then about 5 minutes later I forget what I am doing. I think the reason is because I've been staying up til 2 every night and waking up at around 11:00. I do stuff like , I'll lock the door, walk to my car, then forget if I lock the door or not. Or, I'll start a song on youtube, go do other stuff, then forget that I started a song, or even someone says something, then couple minutes later I forget what they said. I'm almost done with break so I'm going to start going to bed early again, but do you think if I start getting enough sleep it will stop? If it doesn't I'll probably go to the doctor. I heard sleep deprivation can be bad for you. Help would be nice. =)

I have moments like that too, forgetting what i've went into a room for or wondering if I've switched off the iron. I just put it down to getting older. Maybe best trying some early nights and see if that helps but it wouldn't hurt to have a word with your Dr just to put your mind at ease.

At your age...it's more than likely a lifestyle issue. You need to see a doctor if it becomes an issue but here are some questions to start with:

Are you smoking pot????

Are you drinking alcohol?

Do you have an irregular sleep schedule?

Are you getting enough physical activity?

Have you had any changes in your lifestyle which would correlate with this recent change in your memory ability?

I don't smoke pot, and I don't drink alcohol. But, in the past few weeks I have been staying up late from the break, and, I have stayed in playing video games a lot x) So, that could be reasons I could see. I'll just start trying to get out more, and start going to bed earlier, and if still is happening I'll go to a Doctor. Plus, when I went to school, I walked a lot, and got out a lot more just because of school. Thank you! I appreciate the help. It's actually quite scary having short term memory loss. You never know what you're going to forget.

Archived