I really could use some advice! Please help

haileyrose

Im gonna make this as short and sweet as i can. I am 20 years old, my boyfriend is 22. We have been together for 3 1/2 years and we have a 2 year old son. I need help understanding my boyfriend. He has alot of anger issues and flips easily. I dont understand why he treats me so bad, but he is the nicest guy to everyone else. Goes out of his way to help others (female). He has never cheated on me (that i know of atleast).. I have never cheated on him.. He screams and yells at me infront of our son. He isnt the sit down and talk to kind of guy either.. I love him to death and i do everything for him.. I go outta my way to make him happy. but he never returns the favor.. we have already tried time apart.. im waiting to hear back from a therapist for us. I love him so much and i know he loves me but he never shows it in any way shape or form.. i dont want anyone else, just him..but he is always such a to me. please help

Please don't stay with someone who screams and yells at you Please.

Totally aside from the fact that he is teaching your son how to treat women......disrespectfully, hurtfully, badly.....mostly I'm worried about YOU. You don't deserve to be yelled and screamed at. This makes me want to cry. I have a 21 year old daughter, if I ever caught someone yelling or screaming at her they would not last too long.....!

When will you hear something from this therapist?

Another huge red flag, he "never shows [love] in any way shape or form"? This is not positive haileyrose. Please don't be offended by my post, I only want the best for you, clearly I don't think your bf is healthy for you or for your son.

I'm glad you posted here, there are a lot of very caring, intuitive and intelligent people here on ENA. Welcome....please stay and keep posting

I'd say you need to start build a little more self esteem for yourself. your going to need it. I can tell you right now, he may tech still love you but he is not happy. So consider seriously the unbiased decisions that may need to take place. If he's not willing to be civil and discuss matters then your very much becoming the victim and it's not going to end well. Considering you have a child, i'd recommend trying to get him to talk to you seriously about what bothers him, Have someone else present if needed. They don't have to be in the same room. If you cant communicate without a fight breaking out, very little else you can do.

Archived