Cancelled on our first date twice.

Sk8ter

I met this guy that I am really attracted to, and he was attracted to me also. He asked me out on a date, and just a couple of hours before the date he cancels on me. He didn't explain why he did it or anything, however, he did reschedule the date for the following day. So the next day I texted him and asked him if he was able to make it for our date tonight, and he cancels on me again, yet this time his excuse is that he had to do something with family which is understandable, but it did make me a little upset because I was looking forward to our date. I'm a bit afraid that maybe he's lost interest or something. Should I continue to talk to this guy or should I just give up and not waste my time? /:

he cancels on me. He didn't explain why he did it or anything,

Why didn't you ask him why he was canceling at the last minute? That is extremely rude and the fact that he cancels again should be a red flag that there is another woman in the picture, one he can't get away from like he thought he could or wants to, so you keep getting put on the back burner until he can get free. Trouble is he's already shown you that you are not priority one in his life and you haven't even gotten to the first date. I wouldn't give him another chance, two strikes he's out. Particularly with the added rudeness of sudden canceling and no to lame generic excuses. I wouldn't even bother speaking to the guy let alone giving him any more chances.

That's weird. I had a date cancelled last night, too, but the guy explained in detail why he couldn't make it. For your guy not to give any reason and to cancel again..yeah, it's odd. Especially since, apparently, he didn't ask to reschedule the second time. It seems like he's not that keen to meet you or there's someone in his life.

My vote would be to not carry on with this guy.

I'm all for giving someone a chance, but

- cancelling 1st date without a reason

- he rescheduled for a 2nd date, and then cancelled because he needed to do something with family.

- if I were rescheduling a date with someone.... I'd be trying to make damn sure I chose a day/time when nothing was likely to get in the say.

It's your decision whether you want to carry on trying to see this guy, or whether what you've seen from him so far puts you off.

Archived