I have a question on child support?

ynguns251

Hi to you all on here and thanks for taking the time to hear me out. i have a question on how they calculate child support if parents live in two different states. I am concerned because if me and my girlfriend don't work i want to know what to expect. I will be a good father and would definitely want to be a part of my kids future and life. i have so many mixed emotions on my girlfriend now because she is pressuring me into getting engaged and tells me how her being pregnant is harmful to her career as a teacher. I told her that i will not be pressured and will not make any decisions until I am sure I am ready for it.

The moment you get a job, in the US, the will garnish your wages if you don't pay. And if you try to flee, they will court-order you, and track you down, and garnish your wages.

Generally, you will pay no matter what.

I have no idea how being pregnant would affect her teaching career - did that for 6 years, and still have tons of teacher friends with kids, and still teach, and are all over the US. In fact, you luck out with 3 months of maternity leave.

Archived