Why is it so tough to see them move on?

I just don't understand it. I wasn't happy with her. She frustrated me constantly. We fought daily. We had nothing in common. Still seeing her move on is tough. I know I should be happy for her but I'm just jealous. I guess it's because she's already found love again... and that's a feeling I haven't experienced in years. I keep my hopes up saying I'll meet the right one eventually... but years later it hasn't happened yet.

We just never know... have u tried dating sites? Getting out to social gatherings?

It's all in due time. We cannot 'make' this stuff happen when we want it... life is like that.

You never know.. just keep going and if or when it does happen, all will be good again & happy for you.

Meanwhile.. need to learn to be happy on your own too.

One day at a time..

I mean I'm happy by myself... don't get me wrong. It's just been so long since I've been "in love" and you start to get frustrated. I joined this forum 5+ years ago when my ex of 6 years left me... and after that I've had fun, dated a lot, been in a year and a half relationship, but I haven't found love again. Just gets hard when everyone seems to find love but you.

Hm certainly not enough. I tried to put my focus in my friends and fun. I was rebuilding my social life because after 6 years of being in a relationship I isolated myself from a lot of my friends. Now all my friends are having kids and I'm the last single one and it's going to be tough.... I definitely don't have as many friends going out on the weekends as I used to.

I know the problem is definitely with me... I'm just not sure how to go about fixing it. I have a good job, I think I'm a good person, I can turn some kind of charm and be pretty funny, I'm definitely an introvert but I can play the role of an extrovert well enough, I live in a city so I'm around other single people my age.

I guess 2014 I have to focus on getting everything else in my life right. Hopefully if I can find some kind of happiness again I'll have no trouble finding someone to share it with.

Archived