He contacted me over the holidays and now I am just a mess. Its like starting all over again when we first broke up. I am thinking about him constantly and my mind just won't stop. I have a knot in my stomach and my heart hurts. This really took me backwards. I feel like I'm going crazy. Help.

he contacted you and said what, exactly? that he's sorry, he made a mistake and he wants another chance to make it up to you? Or he just wanted to make sure you're ok and that he still cares about you, but it's best that you two stay apart?

Block him!!!! Blocking is for you, not him. Letting him that close to rip your wound open isn't you being nice to him: it's you being cruel to yourself.

Block him!!!

He contacted me over the holidays and now I am just a mess. Its like starting all over again when we first broke up. I am thinking about him constantly and my mind just won't stop. I have a knot in my stomach and my heart hurts. This really took me backwards. I feel like I'm going crazy. Help.

Can you start at the beginning please? He contacted you and said WHAT exactly? He hates you, he loves you, he's sorry he hurt you (or you hurt him?)

I know you're feeling pain and that knot in your stomach has to suck, but if you could give some more information - we might be able to provide information tailored to your situation

P.S. It will get better over time, no matter WHAT the outcome - but for now I suggest (as others have) that you block him, as even his CONTACTING you made you feel this badly

He contacted me by phone from a restricted number, so he took me by surprise. He said he missed me so much and loves me but with the situation I know we aren't getting back together. It just opened that wound back up that I've worked so hard to close. I just want it to stop hurting, its hurt for so long. I wish there were someway I could just forget him. Sometimes I feel like this is gonna be the death of me.

you are okay... it was only a text. The best thing you can learn what to do is let things go. The text didnt change anything the world didnt stop or the sun didnt set or time go backwards.. it was a text. Dont think or over analyze. He sent you the text..you read it, then you delete it. If you want to stop hurting then let it go. Because he will text you again in a week to say happy new year and youll be right back to feeling like this..

And you dont have to 'forget' him, that will never happen, but you can do things to remove the emotional attachment. Have you deleted all the emails and texts? Rid yourself of all the pictures and anything that makes you emotional? If you get rid of those triggers it will help. Just the act of getting rid of them is helpful.

He contacted me by phone from a restricted number, so he took me by surprise. He said he missed me so much and loves me but with the situation I know we aren't getting back together. It just opened that wound back up that I've worked so hard to close. I just want it to stop hurting, its hurt for so long. I wish there were someway I could just forget him. Sometimes I feel like this is gonna be the death of me.

wow, and he's a sneaky, selfish eff who doesn't give a rats behind about you on top of everything else.

Set your phone to not accept calls from restricted numbers. All cell phones have a setting for that. Use it.

Archived